1; 'I'm Groovy'

I make my way down the corridors of this tattered, old school. The white paint is chipping, revealing the old, baby blue paint that used to cover these bare, brick walls. The floor is dirty and slippery, so I mind my step as I rush down the hall. I pass by the trophy case, the one that displays the schools years of Football success. 

I see the metal doors of the cafeteria and smile inwardly, my stomach growling at me. I hadn't eaten breakfast today, so I'm especially hungry. I walk in, and the bustle of the crowd instantly hits me. Clanging, laughing, and talking fills my ears as the overcrowded hall echoes every noise. Rolling my eyes, I make my way to the counter, happy that our school had relatively decent food. I grab a slice of pizza, an apple, and a bottle of water before making my way over to the same table my friends and I have spent on for the past 5 years.

"Zoey!" Liam exclaims, a mouth full of food showing as he says my name. I roll my eyes and sit down next to Paige, laughing a little at the disgusted look on her face as she eyes Liam.

"You're gross," she mumbles, pushing her food away. "I've lost my appetite now," she grumbles, but Liam only laughs in response.

"You guys need to stop fighting," I comment, giving them both a pointed look as I take a bite of my pizza.

"Gross!" Both chime in unison, causing me to laugh. I knew they didn't see each other that way, but they way they bickered meant that sometimes I just couldn't hold myself back.

"I'm gonna toss you to the sharks if you don't stop being mean," Liam comments, pointing over to the group of bad boys sat around their own table.

"I'm sorry!" I chime, pouting. "I can't help it! I'm feeling crabby today."

"What's wrong?" Paige asks, looking at me with a small smile.

"Mr.Davis just wouldn't stop laying into me in maths because I couldn't answer one question."

"He's a twat," Liam chimes in. Both Paige and I nod in agreement.

The bell soon goes to indicate that lunch is over and we all sigh, slowly making our way out of the cafeteria and towards our next class. The rest of the day went by slowly, but soon enough the end of the day rolled by and Paige and Liam met me at the school entrance. Everyone agreed that the bricked arch of the entrance was a safety hazard, and one day, a brick is going to fall on someones head.

As I'm walking out of the building I see no other than bad boy Blake Dixon doing what he does best, bullying people unnecessarily. I watch as he purposely rams his shoulder into a boy carrying his book. He must have been at least two years younger and apologized profusely after Blake told him to 'watch himself'. I roll my eyes and make my way over to the boy, kneeling to help him pick up everything that was scattered across the floor. "Here," I say, smiling sweetly at him.

"Thank you," he hums quietly, blushing very slightly. I hand him the last of his books, and he's on his way.

As I make my way back to Paige and Liam I can see Blake and his friends staring me down, Blake's stare especially cold.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Paige asks incredulously, eyes wide as she looks from the group to me.

"I'm trying to be nice and helpful," is my response as we start walking to Paige's car. We don't leave yet, but lean against her car and start to talk of the day.

"Who says groovy now a'days?" Liam asks, waving his arms around as if offended.

"I'm groovy," I say, trying to be as serious as possible, but we all burst out into laughter seconds after. "But seriously, though. I'm cool, right?" I ask, and when they laugh again I pout, looking at my shoes.

"You're sweet, nice, helpful, and I can't think of one person who hates you!" Paige then says, noticing my face. I chuckle and shake my head, patting her shoulder in reassurance that I'm fine.

"Well, there is one person," Liam says, looking over my shoulder at Blake still staring at me, burning holes into the back of my head with his vicious glare. His black hair is messed up, green eyes boring into the back of my head. His black jeans, white tee, and black jacket summed up how he acts, the outfit generalized to bad boys.

"As long as he hates me from afar, for no reason, I'm not bothered," I shrug, smiling again. "Now, I'm not sure about you two, but I'm ready to go home." And with that, we all pile into Paige's car and leave the school. I'm glad to see the back of it for another 12 hours.

It was only ten minutes later that I arrive home and wave goodbye to my two best friends with a smile. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

As I walk into my house, I see that no one is home yet. Mom and dad worked late most days, and Toby probably won't be home until nearly midnight. I sigh and make my way up stairs, walking into my bedroom and throwing my bag onto the floor, slumping onto the bed with a sigh. I lie there for nearly ten minutes before getting up and walking into my en-suit, turning the shower on and locking the door.

As I wait for the shower to warm up, I look into my mirror, smiling softly at my appearance. My grey/blue eyes stare back at me, my dark, auburn hair cascading down my shoulders, stopping in the middle of my back. I knew I wasn't bad looking, but then I'm not the most beautiful, I'm just sort of plain. I'm not unfit because of how much I love swimming and track.

I step into the shower, letting the hot water flow over my body, sending my brain to another universe and before I know it half an hour has gone by. Feeling guilty for wasting water, I step out and towel dry my hair, changing into a pair of shorts and a tank top, crawling under my covers with a smile on my face.

A/N

Zoey Green aesthetic.

Thank you this_yolo_mofo for the awesome aesthetic.