12; 'Things Going Boo In The Night'

Monday morning I spent with Liam and Paige before they left. I was a little upset that I'd spent, what was supposed to be quality time with them Sunday night, at Mason's house, but I couldn't be more thankful that they were understanding and I got to see them one more time before left to fly across the world.

We had met early, at 6:30am. On one hand I was a little grouchy that it was so early, but, on the other hand, I got to spend time with my two favorite people in the world before they left me. Liam had to leave at midday, but Paige and I got to spend some more time together. She left around 4pm, leaving me to walk home in a sulk.

Now it's Wednesday, only two and a half days since they've left and I already want to kill myself. Okay, maybe it isn't that bad, but I'm already sick to death of my bedroom walls. Usually we'd spend out time rotating between each others houses, going out every so often, so being stuck in a room that I wouldn't normally be in right now was driving me doolally.

I decide that throwing myself a pity party wasn't going to help me get through this break, so I get off my bed, turning Netflix off, and walk into my bathroom, taking a short and hot shower. I dry my hair, but let the natural texture stay as I don't really feel the need to straighten it. I change into a pair of black leggings, throwing a knit jumper on top. I pull on long, thick socks and a pair of brown boots. It was fairly cold and overall grey outside, nothing like the weather was last week. I put on my large frame glasses, biting my lip as I look at my reflection. Oh, didn't I mention I wore contacts rather than my glasses?

I grab a beanie and put it on, smiling as my natural hair falls past my shoulders, stopping about mid waist. I realized how different I looked with my natural hair and glasses and actually appreciated it. I loved how the Clark Kent effect worked.

I grab a bag and throw my phone, purse, and a book inside it, slinging the brown leather accessory over my shoulder and leaving my room. "I'm going to get coffee!" I announce, grabbing my keys from the small table by the front door.

"Good for you!" Toby replies. I know this is as good as it gets and leave the house, locking the door behind me. It may only be 5pm but who knows how long I'll be out, and I can guarantee no matter how late it gets, Toby will forget to check to see if the front door is locked.

As I begin to walk, I can't help but smile. I loved the colder weather, loving sweaters and cardigans and boots. I couldn't wait for autumn to roll back around, loving that it was cold enough for my favorite clothes, but not too cold as having to cover them with a coat. With this thought in my mind I made my way into town.

***

The walk was about 20 minutes, but I was fine with this. The peace of walking alone always pleased me, giving me a sense of control and zen. I walk up to a small cafe called CoffeeFour. I push the door open and instantly inhale the strong smell of coffee, relaxing into my surroundings. It was a very small coffee shop with only 6 tables inside; 3 family of four tables, and 3 tables of two. The dark oak furniture, including the front desk, matched with the light grey walls, scattered with lots of framed photos of landmarks across the world. One thing was common in all photos was a lady, who got progressively older in them.

I take a seat in one of the two seat tables, sitting in a corner window seat. I pull my phone out and see no notifications, also pulling my book out and placing it on the table. A woman in her late 50's stands next to me with a wide smile. "Hello, Sharron," I hum, smiling back to her.

"Hello, dear. It's been a while since you've come to visit," she muses, the smile never leaving her face.

"School and social drama," I chuckle, rolling my eyes. She just nods, an amused smile playing at her face. "I'll just have my usual, please," I smile and she nods, saying nothing else as she walks back to the counter. I look at the photos on the wall, grinning to myself. Sharron Lupez has been travelling for a very long time, and her latest photo is from Russia from last summer.