6; 'Zoey Green?'

I'm weary as I enter school today, making sure that I check around every corner before I turn, scared Blake would be there and do something to make sure I don't tell anyone. Honestly, it would be pointless because I spent the last 20 minutes ranting about last nights adventures to Liam and Paige, unable to keep something so big from them.

There were almost as scared as me, but not so much because they weren't actually there, and neither were identified, whereas Blake saw me watching him, and I'm sure today is the day I'm going to die.

"So, it's day four of the mission he set out to complete and I've made him mad with my kindness and just signed my death certificate by watching him beat someone and telling you guys about it. Tell my parents I love them, and tell Toby he's a terrible brother for, what I assume was him, giving my phone number to Blake." I talk dramatically, my face red as I said the whole thing in one breath. Usually Liam and Paige would laugh at me, but I knew they were worried too, a grimace rather than a smile on their faces.

The bell rings for first period to commence, and with this I give both of my friends a tight bear hug. As they walk away I pray to what ever God is up there to protect me today.

Unfortunately for me, first period on a Tuesday is free, so I stalk over to the library hoping to catch up on studies, knowing that my Sociology teacher, Mrs.Kdin, is going to spring a 'surprise' test on us this week. 

I check my watch, groaning when I see it's only been ten minutes since I started studying, feeling like it had been at least half an hour. I decide that it's pointless, that my mind is elsewhere and thank myself for dressing comfortably today. I have loose joggers hanging around my hips, and a white crop top, paired with a pair of white sneakers. My hair is tied into a messy bun with a black bandanna wrapped loosely around my head for style. I knew I might need to get away quick and went with comfier sports clothes as a precaution.

I make my way outside and start aimlessly walking around the school, getting fresh air and distracting myself with music blaring through my earphones. I feel drops of rain on my bare shoulders and shiver, pulling an oversized black hoodie over my head, keeping the hood up to shield my face and hair from the rain. I see my reflection in a window and laugh at myself, musing over how shady I looked; I looked as though I should be behind the school, handing weed out secretly.

As weird as it sounded, I turned my music down and took one earphone out to listen to the rain. The pitter-patter of the rain against the floor, and the roof of the school was relaxing. The smell of rain is pleasing also, the freshness of water filling my nostrils.

I let out a sigh of content, finding a bench to sit on under a shelter. I pull my hood down and take my earphones out, shutting off the music. I tilt my head back, facing the sky as I close my eyes and take in the serene moment. There were no students, no cars, nothing, just myself and the rain. It felt like everything that was weighing on my shoulders suddenly lifted off them as I had a moment to myself; a carefree moment.

This moment was disturbed as I heard footsteps from around the corner of the school. I open my eyes and pull my hood up, facing the floor but looking through my eyelashes at the person who passed. I sigh in relief when I see that it is not Blake, but suddenly feel guilt wash upon me when I see the bruises scattered across this boys face.

I stand up and make my way towards him, pulling my hood back a little so that it didn't cover my face and make me look like a creepy stalker. As I approach the boy, I see no other than Ashton West. His eye is black and his lip is swollen. I chew my own lip subconsciously, calling to him, "Ashton, hold on!"

He looks confused, like he'd never seen me before, but that wouldn't be surprising since I didn't really talk to anyone even remotely popular. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" He asks. I wince slightly seeing his swollen lip struggle to move as he talks.