2; 'He's Gonna Murder Me'

My alarm clock goes off at 6:30am, causing a groan to escape my lips. Although I had an early night last night, and I've been doing this same routine for years, I still haven't adjusted to waking up so early and it kills me every morning.

I shut off my alarm, burying my head into my pillow for another five minutes before I hear a knock on my door. "C'mon, Zoey," my mothers voice chimes, causing another groan to escape my lips before I unwillingly pull myself out of bed.

I pull on a pair of blue, ripped, skinny jeans with a black, tied, thrasher crop top, paired with a white pair of converse. The top I chose to wear I bought is cute, and I do like it, but I have never read the magazine. I tie my hair into a messy bun and apply little makeup; concealer, mascara, blush, and some red lipstick. I grab my bag and look at myself in the mirror, nodding happily at my appearance.

I walk into the kitchen to see Toby awake and ready for the day ahead, which shocked me. "Hey, T," I mumble as I pour myself a cup of coffee.

"My friend wants to kill you, why?" He asked. I forgot to mention that my brother and I don't get along. Oh, and that he's friends with my hater, Blake Dixon.

"I know of no one," I hum, trying to sound convincing as I stir the sugar into my coffee.

"Don't play dumb with me," he retorts in a low, displeased tone.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "Dixon wants to kill me because I'm nice to everyone he is not. It's no big deal."

"That's not what the others say."

"I have to go now, bye!" I avoid the conversation, putting the lid on my travel mug, running at the same time to the front door. I hear his muffled voice behind me but close the door before I hear anything more of the matter. What have I gotten myself into?

***

"Are you sure?" Liam asks me, talking much to loud for my preference. It's now lunch and were all sat around our table, my food sat in front of me, but I don't have much of an appetite.

"Toby told me. How much more sure can I get? He's gonna murder me any moment," I whine, hitting my head on the table and resting it there.

"You sure he's not trying to scare you?" Asks Paige.

"No. I'm a dead man. I mean, girl. Whatever! It's my last day!" As I speak Liam and Paige simply laugh at me, amused by my over exaggeration. Who can blame me? He's known for his violence and mean ways. I heard, he put someone in hospital for looking at him the wrong way. So yes, I'm a dead woman and I've come to terms with it.

I raise my head in time to see a girl arguing with the lunch lady and I can't help myself. I'm on my feet, walking over to them. I now hear that the girl does not have enough money for her food and the lunch lady refuses to let her pay tomorrow. So, I make my way to them and hand the lunch lady five dollars. "It's on me." I smile at the girl, earning a thank you, but the lunch lady just stares unamused at me.

Once back at the table, I see Paige and Liam glancing behind me constantly and I could only guess who it was. "I hope Blake doesn't see you guys staring."

"He got angrier when you helped that girl. For once in your life, just do something selfish, or just don't help someone. I refuse to pay for your funeral!"

I scowl at Liam, shaking my head at his words. Being nice is what gets me through the day, and hopefully helps others through their shitty days too. "I'll never stop, even if I'm six feet under."

***

At the end of the day, the three of us meet as usual at the entrance, standing well back from the shotty arch of the entrance. On the way here I met a nice girl from the year bellow who had just transferred here. I offered to walk with her to her bus so that she didn't miss it by getting lost.

"...Lucy, she's from Canda..." I continue telling Paige and Liam about the new girl, but they just shake their heads in disappointment.

"Stop making yourself a target."

"Liam, I'm not a targ-" I'm stopped mid word when I feel a tap on my shoulder. Judging by the looks on my friends faces that it's the one and only. "Hello, Dixon," I greet sweetly, seeing the anger fire in his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up," he grumbles, words harsh and voice raspy. I sigh quietly, not appreciating the words or tone. "Stop acting like this goody fucking two shoes. You're annoying. It's why no one likes you and it's pissing me off when you make my victims happy again."

I look at him incredulously, furrowing my eyebrows. He's so mean, but I've really done nothing to upset him, but he seems to think otherwise. "Oh, I'm sorry for upsetting you," I hum, nervousness clear in my voice.

He snickers and crosses his arms over his chest. "Cut the fucking act out, Green," he huffs and walks away, turning his head around to add, "or I'll make your life living hell." And with that, he's gone.

"I'll start digging now, if you want," Liam remarks. I earn a complaint out of him for hitting his arm gently.

"I'm not gonna die. I'll be fine. Have some faith in me." I think, smiling, but in my head I'm thinking of the hundreds of possible ways he could murder me.