14; 'I Pay Attention'

*Trigger warning - Suicide/Depression*

We rode for an hour, my stealing Blake's jacket before we set off as I knew I was going to get cold with the speedy wind engulfing us as we rode the motorcycle. I had earphones in, knowing that we weren't going to be able to talk over the loud whipping of the wind and the passing vehicles, and so I wanted to listen to the music to occupy my mind.

I look around and see the world was getting easier to see, nothing passing by too quickly to see. I realize this is because the motorbike is slowing down. I look to my left and see a little diner sitting a couple of yards away from a gas station.

The motorcycle comes to a stop and I could not be more relieved. I climb off of the bike, almost falling over from how dead my legs were. I stretch my entire body out, taking off my helmet. My hair comes tumbling out in it's braid and I pull my earphones out, looking around the place we had stopped.

Only now do I notice Blake watching me, a small smile on his lips. "What?" I ask, smiling a little. "Is there something on my face?" I ask, worried, reaching up with my free hand to gently touch around my face.

My actions earn a chuckle from Blake, and I look over at him to see his smile even wider as he shakes his head. "Your face is fine. And so is your hair and outfit," he hums, a sparkle in his eyes. He grabs a pump and begins to fill his motorcycle back up, then leaving me alone with the bike as he goes to pay for the gas.

I look around once more, the baby blue diner looking like one of those old fashioned ones that I only ever really see in movies. It is then I notice that Toby hadn't pulled off the same time we had, so it was only Blake and I here.

Blake comes back out and I can see the curiosity in his eyes as he looks at me. "Where are the others?" I ask, tilting my head a little.

"I didn't tell them we were stopping," he says nonchalantly.

I feel a little confused for a moment before ignoring my head and smiling. "Alright then," I chips, smiling brightly at him. I can see annoyance flash across his eyes, but he says nothing and starts walking to the diner. I follow behind. Old habits die hard, I guess, I think to myself, realizing that he was annoyed at my happiness again.

As we reach the doors, Blake stops, holding the door open for me. I smile widely in response, walking inside without a words. He walks over to a small booth and I follow, sitting across from him. "Are you hungry?" He asks, finally breaking the silence between us.

I smile slightly, nodding at him. "Yeah," I hum, but then frown a little. "I haven't got my purse. It's in my bag in Toby's car."

"It's alright, I'll pay," Blake shrugs, handing me a menu before looking at his own.

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly ask you to pay for me!"I exclaim quietly, my eyes wide as I shake my head. 

Blake frowns, rolling his eyes. "I'll do what I want," he simply replies, pushing my menu up in my hands for me to look at it.

"You're frustrating," I mumble, but can't help the wide smile spread across my lips. I glance up from my menu to see his frown now replaced with a grin as his eyes scan across his own menu.

"Hey, are you ready to order?" A woman asks, looking down at us. Her uniform matches the aesthetic of the diner, being baby blue and white striped, a blank apron tied around her waist. Her dirty blonde hair is tied in a messy bun on top of her head and she has light makeup on her face. She can't be more than a year or two older than Blake and I, and I felt slightly intimidated by her confidence as she approached us.

"Uh, yeah," Blake mumbles, not looking up from the menu. "Can we have a one strawberry milkshake and a chocolate one." He nods as his eyes scanning the side of the menu that had the food. I see a small grin on his face as he finally turns to look up from the menu, grinning at me before turning to the girl. "Uh... Kim?" He starts, reading her name tag. "I'll have the hamburger with bacon and cheese, and Green will have the chicken burger with cheese and barbecue sauce," he says, nodding his head when the order in complete.