4; 'It's Day One'

I'm now sat on the sofa in Liam's living room, bags hanging under my eyes from the sleepless night that had just passed me by. There was no way I was able to sleep after what had transpired between Blake and I. I had explained everything to Liam the moment I got here, and now, here I am, on his sofa at 7 in the afternoon, eating a whole tub of brownie ice cream.

"Does this mean more attention?" Liam asks, never taking his eyes from the television as he speaks. 

"Probably," I sigh out, shoveling another big scoop of ice cream into my mouth.

"I don't like him," he then grumbles, causing me to look at him.

"Who does?"

Silence falls across the room, the only noise coming from the random show that Liam was almost completely invested into. I couldn't keep my mind off of Blake's words; "You'll fall head over heels for me in less than two months, I promise." 

After he said this, he simply walked out of my room without another word, and not once did I see him again all night.

"Is Paige coming over?" I ask quietly, stirring up little conversation, hoping to take out the awkward tension from our previous conversation.

"Not today, she has some family thing," he replies, glancing at me before turning back to the TV.

I sigh and get up, walking to the kitchen to throw away my now empty tub of ice cream and grab a bottle of water, feeling parched after all of the sugar. Liam's house resembled mine, since he only lived down the street from me. I grab a bottle from the fridge, sitting at the counter in silence as I sip at the water.

The silence is broken by a loud ding, the noise making me jump before I realize that it's only my phone. I pull my iPhone from my pocket, seeing a message from an unknown number on the screen. I furrow my eyebrows, opening the message.

"Liam!" I call, staring at the message. It took him nearly a whole minute to come to me; that didn't sound like long but being sat in silence made it feel longer. He hums as he walks into the kitchen, looking at me with raised eyebrows. "Blake texted me... how did he get my number?"

He looks at me wearily, now scrunching his eyebrows together. "You sure it's him?"

"Dude, it says, 'day one' with a winking emoji," I huff, locking my phone and placing it on the table.

And after that text, most of the day was spent watching movies we'd seen a thousand times, exchanges of questions about the situation, and Liam feeding me loads of junk food in order to cheer me up.

Liam drops me home around 10pm, leaving me to wander into my house in a sour mood. Toby greets me in the kitchen, "Hey, where have you been?"

I glare at him, scoffing at his question. "Why do you care?" I snap, running a hand through my dark hair, a frown playing on my lips.

"Someone's crabby," he comments, obvious amusement in his voice. I just wasn't in the mood for him, so I ignore his comment and stomp up the stairs to my bedroom. I slam the door and fall face first onto my bed, screaming angrily into my pillow.

I hear footsteps coming towards my room, but don't move. "Mom and dad won't be home until 1pm tomorrow," Toby mumbles before closing my door again, a lot gentler than I had. Fantastic.

This night couldn't get much worse, I think to myself as I go into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I clean my face and apply a mud mask, running a bath in the process. I decided I should relax and treat myself to a little self pampering.

I spend a while just relaxing in the bath, waiting for the mud mask to harden before getting out, washing my face and entering my bedroom. I'm startled when, once again, I find Blake sitting on my bed. "Mother of-!" I nearly shout, holding a hand to my chest, over my rapidly beating heart.

"Hi," Blake hums, and it's only in that moment I realize why he's smirking. I look down at myself, clutching the towel closer to my body in embarrassment.

"Turn away!" I demand, nearly screeching. Although he laughs, he turns his back, now staring at the far wall. I scramble through my drawers to collect the clothes necessary and retreat back to my bathroom, locking the door once more.

I change into a pair of leggings and an oversized jumper, towel drying my hair so that it doesn't drip and dampen my clothes. When I'm satisfied with how I look, deeming myself presentable, I make my way back into my bedroom where I see Blake messing with the remote to my television. "What do you want, Dixon?"

"It's day one," he says, amusement obvious in his voice. "I think I liked you better in a towel," he remarks, sending me a wink. I can't help but roll my eyes, sitting on my bed, far away from Blake.

"Don't be like that," he hums, moving to come closer, but I grab the closest thing to me and use it as a weapon; I end up pointing a remote at his face.

"Don't come near me," I mumble, trying to sound intimidating but the shakiness of my voice lets me down.

"Or what, you'll press mute and hope for the best?" He practically laughs his statement, torment and sass lacing his words. I roll my eyes and throw the remote at him, hitting his shoulder. "Oh, ow," he mumbles sarcastically, but actually rubs his shoulder. I smile, rather triumphantly, knowing that I had hurt him slightly with the remote.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, frowning when I realize the television is on and he's still perched at the end of my bed. 

"Movie!" He declares, a smirk playing on his lips.

"No way, Dixon. Out!" I demand, standing up and making my way to the door.

"How am I supposed to win you over if you're throwing me out, stupid bitch."

"Well, firstly, don't break into my room," I announce, nodding to my open window. "And secondly, don't call me names!"

"Ugh, what ever. You look fucking stupid anyway," he comments, looking my outfit up and down.

I roll my eyes, but smile at him. "Thank you, for giving your opinion. I'll take it in and work on my outfits in the future. See you around!" My voice is chirpy and my smile wide.

I see anger flare in his eyes as he launches himself off the bed, walking to the door. "Watch yourself, Green."