19; 'I'm Sorry To Inform You'

The rest of the day has gone by much more eventful than I'd have liked it to have been. There were whispers in the halls and eyes on me constantly, but the thing that got me were the people who straight up asked if Mr.Darren and I had actually done anything together. I told the truth all day because I didn't want to be the school's whore and I didn't want to be the center of attention and Mr.Darren was far to nice to hurt like that.

The only thing that made the day bearable was that Paige and Liam didn't even entertain the idea, let alone feed off of the rumors. They were my rocks all day, standing by me no matter what, speaking up when I couldn't muster the confidence to do it myself. I couldn't have asked for a better pair of friends, and because of them I almost forgot what happened this morning with Blake.

I lean against Paige's car, grinning a little as I watch Liam and Paige talk to each other, sparks in both of their eyes. I would recognize that spark anywhere because I can't seem to remove it from my own eyes no matter how much the person who lit it hurts me more and more everyday. "Can I speak to you a moment?" I ask, looking at Liam. I can see Paige looking skeptical and they both exchange a look before Liam nods. We walk a couple of feet away, just out of ears reach of Paige. "When are you going to make it real?" I ask, my question straight to the point.

"I don't know what you're ta-"

"Oh shut up," I chuckle, cutting him off. "You both clearly like each other a lot more than friends. Just make it official so I don't have to tread on broken glass anymore!" I whine, stomping my feet like a five year old.

"You're adorable," he comments, pinching my cheek. I swat his hand away, groaning in annoyance. "Fine," he then says. 

I watch everything happen in slow motion as Liam turns on his heels, walking quickly towards Paige. I watch as she's about to ask him what he's doing, but he just grabs her cheeks quickly and tenderly, pressing his lips to hers. For a moment she's just frozen, but the next she leans into him, her lips moving in unison with his.

I grin widely, excited that they've finally admitted their feelings for each other. They pull away slowly and I refrain from interfering in their moment. I start to walk away when I hear Paige squeal "yes" in excitement. I glance over my shoulder to see the both of them hugging and laughing. I smile a little to myself and walk away, heading to the exit of the school to start my walk home.

I look around and see just how nice the day is, the warm rays of the sun shining down on the town that I'm walking through. The reds in the bricks of the houses I pass look redder than normal due to the sun shining on them. I look up as I pass a tree, seeing the sparkle of yellow and orange shine through the green leaves. 

The warmth of the day comforts me as I walk slowly through this serene, little town. I hear the chirping of the birds around me, and a little down the street and can heard the voices of some young children playing in the street, laughing and having fun.

In merely a second the serenity is interrupted by a loud, booming motor progressively getting louder and louder, starting behind me and ending up next to me. "Get on," Blake demanded, looking at me through his helmet. 

"And why should I?" I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. I was still extremely upset and betrayed after this morning.

He groans, thrusting a helmet in my direct. "Please," he mumbles, his voice barely audible above the ticking of his motorcycle's engine, but I do hear and I can't help the butterflies beginning to awake in my stomach. I take a step closer, gently taking the helmet from his hand, sliding it on and climbing onto the motorcycle. After a moment, Blake's voice is clear, "You have to hold on to me, or you'll fall off." I blush, glad he can't see me, and I wrap my arms around his waist. He starts driving again. I had no idea where we were going, but there was no backing out now.