23; 'It's Been A Long Weekend'

Blake dropped me home so late that night that I saw the sunrise before I went to sleep. The time I had spent with him were exactly what I wanted, but the absolute opposite of what I needed.

Although he was most definitely the only person who could have calmed me, it was the worst decision spending so much time with him Saturday night. I fell further and further in love with him when I saw how much he actually cared, and I think I let myself because of that. I held myself back because he didn't show what I felt, not until Saturday night.

He saved me from what could have been the worst day of my life - it is so far, but who knows what will happen in the future. He then went on and took care of me for the rest of the night, showing care for me. How he tentatively stepped around the subject and was scared to even touch me.

It was that night that I truly fell in love with him, and there's no more denying it.

Sunday passed by slowly. I was constantly checked up on by Toby and Paige and Liam were with me most of the day. Toby's knuckles were cut up pretty bad, but I wouldn't like to see what Jared look like.

From what I can tell, Axell found out about what happened and instantly dropped Jared. It seems that he now has no friends. Axell had been messaging me all day also, and, as much as I loved the attention and care from the people in my life, I was fine.

It hurt, physically and emotionally, and I am scarred. There's no denying that what Jared did will haunt me for a while, but for the most part I was fine, because now I was completely honest with myself and I didn't have to feel bad when I thought of Blake more.

Toby told me he'd never seen Blake as mad as that before, and even he was scared. Toby, Liam, and Paige all finally calmed down with their suspicions of Blake after Saturday. They all said they could see the care he held for me, and Toby said he'd never seen him so upset over a girl before. He said this was the first time he'd ever seen Blake panic the way he did, and that there was no denying that Blake felt dearly for me.

I didn't go to school today. My parents weren't home and everyone who cared, minus Blake because he didn't know I was skipping school, said it was best for me to take my time in getting back to normal. Of course I protested against skipping school, I love learning, but I decided I couldn't waist my energy on something that I could easily catch up on. I had work tonight and I was being assigned my sector for the remainder of my course there, and I really couldn't skip it.

I hadn't told anyone about tonight otherwise they'd call the park themselves and tell them I couldn't go in. I had a train ticket booked already and decided that I would be gone before anyone was home to make sure that I could not be stopped.

I read over the note I wrote for Toby for when he got home to find me gone. "I'm at work. If I told you you would have stopped me. Don't blame yourself. I'm safe. I love you, and I'll be home by eight." I smile slightly, picturing the look of frustration on his face. I may have changed a lot these past couple of weeks, but I'm still the same Zoey Green and responsibilities are important to me. I'll forever have 'goody two shoes' in me.

***

"Hey, you look rough," Lee comments as I meet him at the front desk. I had an over-sized, black t-shirt on with a pair of black leggings, black boots, and my handler's jacket on. I had no makeup on and my hair was tied into a huge, messy bun on top of my head.

"Why thank you, Lee, just what ever girl wants to hear," I chuckle, signing in on the clipboard the lady behind the desk handed to me.

"Well, considering you're normally bubbly and don't come baring black bags under your eyes, I'd say I have a right to point out something that's wrong with you," Lee says, raising an eyebrow.