27; 'God Save Whoever Witnesses Our Reunion'

Weeks went by with little bumps in the road, but it was getting better. Blake came home beaten less and less as the weeks passed, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the effort he was making to remove himself from that dark world.

"I can't believe it's come around this fast," I hum, walking through the corridors of the school, Blake's arm wrapped firmly around my waist.

We reach my locker where Liam and Paige wait for us, just like everyday. "It's here though," Blake replies, shrugging a little. I knew he wasn't as upset as I was, since he didn't really like school anyway. "Anyway, we'll be back here in a couple of weeks to find out of we're moving on with life."

"Yes, but today is our official last day," I whine, leaning into Blake.

"We will definitely spend time together over the summer before we all part again in autumn," Paige says, nodding furiously.

"We'll need our last dose of Zoey before moving halfway across the country," Liam agrees, grinning at me.

"But you guys will be gone for the first two weeks of break, meaning two less weeks of seeing you before we all split up," I said sadly, earning a gentle squeeze of comfort from Blake. I smile gently up at him, then back at my friends. "That doesn't change how stoked I am for you guys going away together," I add.

"Thank you," they say in unison, chuckling a little afterwards. The bell for class signals and we part ways Blake and I heading outside while Liam walks Paige to class then heads off to his own. We both had a free period and since it was the last day of school we decided that studying was useless, even though the school insisted on lessons all day.

"I never actually asked what your plans were," Blake says once we were seated on the bleachers. I look at him to find his eyes already trained on me, pure interest shining in them.

"I've applied to a couple of universities, but I'm hoping to get into Lancaster," I beam, chewing my lip as I realize how much I wanted it. "Animal Science," I chuckle, shrugging a little with a blush on my cheeks.

"You'll get in, love," he mumbles contently, wrapping his arm around me, pulling me close. I relax and lay my head on his shoulder. "I guess we'll have to make the most of this summer," he then says, making me realize how little time we have left.

"I don't wanna leave," I admit, looking over the football field, into the school. "As much as I can't wait to leave, I'll miss you and Liam and Paige. The memories here."

"We have to move on, Green," he hums, rubbing my side gently. "We wouldn't be living life properly if we stayed stuck in one place, in one moment, for the rest of out life. There are going to be more memories to come."

I grin a little, reaching up to touch his forehead. "Are you okay?" He swats my hand away with a chuckle. "Are you really Blake?" I tease, trying to pull away playfully.

He holds me tighter, chuckling with me. "But seriously, we'll be okay, together or apart." I smile up at him, his beautiful, genuine smile beaming down on me.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" I mumble, relaxing against him once more.

"I should be asking that question," is his simple response.

***

"Can't you just, ya know, fail and stay here for another year?" Mr.Darren asks jokingly, sitting the other side of my desk.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "As a teacher, aren't you supposed to me encouraging me to pass my finals and move onto bigger and better things?"

"Not when the only nice student in this school is leaving me to deal with the devils spawn alone," he almost whines. Mr.Darren and I had become close, especially after the whole rumor about us both. We confided in each other and become more friends than teacher and student.