3; 'I Can Help You'

I walk into the house and once again it's only me. I planned on walking home today, but due to the threats made towards me today, Liam and Paige insisted that they give me a ride home, so that they could know I was safe. Although it's Friday, my only plans for tonight are to sit in bed, with a bag of cookies, and a Netflix marathon. 

I walk into the kitchen, throwing my bag onto the counted with a thud. I open the fridge and retrieve the orange juice. I grab a cup and fill it to the top, putting the carton back in the fridge and sitting on a stool, sipping at my juice as I scroll through Instagram on my phone.

It wasn't long before the front door clicked open, then closed again. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion after looking at the time. 5pm. Mom and dad weren't due home until around 10pm tonight. "Hello?" I call out, chewing my bottom lip as I hope that it isn't a robber.

I sigh in relief as I see Toby's head pop around the corner, a grin on his face. He knew he'd scare me if he didn't answer, and that he achieved. "How was school?" He asks, and I contemplate for a moment. Should I answer? I don't think he'd really care, but then I don't want him telling Blake that I told on him.

"Fine." I shrug. "Long and boring, but that's how every Friday goes for me." I nod, satisfied with my answer. He simply nods in response, and as I look at his face I see that he's not so happy. "Do you need help with anything?" I ask quietly, looking at him. 

He's about to reply, but another voice cuts over him. I look over to the lounge, seeing someone I hadn't even noticed come inside. "Shut the fuck up." My good mood drops a little as I see Blake's smug look.

I glance at Toby but he says nothing. I know Blake rules the group, but I didn't think Toby would be this scared of him. Guess that proves that he doesn't like me as much as I'd hoped my own brother would. "Can I help you with anything?" I ask Blake, refusing to let him ruin my mood.

His smug look turns to one of frustration and anger, causing my own lips to fall slightly into a straight line. Before he can say anything I smile wide again and grab my things. "I guess I'll see you later. Goodbye!" I call, half walking, half skipping out of the room and up the stairs to my bedroom.

***

It's been hours since I emerged from my room. There was no way I was leaving this room and having to face Blake again. "He makes me sour, and I don't want to be negative," I whine through the phone to Paige, whom I had called about ten minutes ago out of boredom and frustration. "But I don't want to be locked in my room all night!"

"Don't be so nice!" She exclaims and I could imagine her shaking her head in disapproval at me. "He's not nice, so why are you nice to him?"

I understood the question, but I didn't understand my own answer. I mean, I did, but she was right. I let people like Blake walk all over me. "Because he's mad and sad, and that makes him mean. I'm happy and so I'm nice. He's probably cranky over something in his own life. I can't be mean to him just because he's mean to me."

"You're too nice for this world, Zoe," Paige hums, and the call falls silent. I think over her words and can't help but take it as a compliment.

"Thank you. I'm gonna hang up now and attempt to get my cookies because four hours is long enough to go without food, and I'm hungry!" We both laugh at my statement, and exchange our goodbyes.

I sit and wait for a moment, listening for any movement in the hall or the kitchen, and when I'm satisfied that both boys are still in Toby's room I exit my room for the first time tonight. I peer down the hall and bite my lip, tiptoeing to the kitchen. While there I decide that cookies aren't justifiable and make my self a sandwich as well as a couple of cookies, making sure I had proper food. I make my way back to my bedroom, please with the success of my journey to the kitchen.

I walk into my room, looking over my shoulder at my brothers room as I close my door to make sure that neither Toby nor Blake see me. Once my door is closed a quiet, raspy voice interrupts my mental victory dance, causing me to throw my food in the air and a squeal to escape my body. All my food lands on the floor, but the plate remains in my hand.

I close my eyes, taking a breath to calm down before bending down and collecting the food to throw away. "Can I help you?" I ask chirpily, looking up at Blake as I place the food in the trash can.

"Why'd you throw your food?" He all but laughs.

"Because, Dixon," I snap, but stop myself and take another breath. With a smile back on my face, I look at him again. "Because you startled me."

"Urgh, you're so peppy!" He complains, throwing himself down on my bed.

My eyebrows furrow, looking at him laying on my bed. I decide to repeat my question; "can I help you?"

"No, but I can help you." A smirk spreads across his lips and my heart skips a beat. 

Oh no.

"Excuse me?" I ask, pulling my sleeves over my hands, trying to distract myself as I speak to him.

"I can help you," He repeats, standing up and walking over to me, a wide smirk playing on his lips. I look up at him, still as a statue as he approaches me. I'm now chewing my lip, unable to think of what to say. My eyebrows are furrowed as he now hovers over me. "I can show you how much you're missing out on life with how you live," he mumbles, looking my face over.

"I'm perfectly happy with how my life is. Thank you very much," I muster, stepping aside to reveal the door to him.

He frowns and shakes his head, turning back to me. "Stop with the happy." His voice is low and harsh, eyes bright with anger, and something else, like determination. "I'll show you how happy you can be. With me."

I need to stifle a laugh, but soon realize he's serious. "You'll fall head over heels for me in less than two months, I promise." With that, he leaves the room. What just happened?

A/N

Blake Dixon aesthetic.

Thank you for yet another amazing aesthetic, this_yolo_mofo