Chapter 3

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved 

Chapter 3

picture of the cute older brother , Blake ------------> ( Ross Thomas )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think Aiden cared that the lemon fell, even though biting the fruit was the whole purpose he would even put his lips on mine.

Oh well, it's not like it's the first time he kissed me...

As much as I loved his lips on mine, and you don't even know how bad I want to kiss him back, I slowly pulled away.

I haven't blinked since he kissed me, my eyes were wide open. My head was spinning from the confusion I felt.

Did he do that on purpose? Was the shot just an excuse to kiss me? Is it cause he wanted to get drunk? Or is he already drunk?

Oh my, my head started to throb.

"Aiden... What--?" I couldn't make out words.

How do I explain what I'm feeling right now? I'm excited, happy, confused, butterflies were in my stomach, and my heart felt like it was a size too big for my chest.

A smile slowly formed on Aiden's face. "I just always wanted to do that." he winked and left.

He left? What the hell?

He can't just go around kissing girls, make them have all these mixed feelings, then leave without an explanation. 

I sat there for a second, not really sure what to do next. Should I go back to the table? Find Aiden and demand an explanation? Kiss him again? What?

I decided to play it safe. Too much already happened tonight.

I ordered four vodka shots, asked for a bowl of sliced lemons and headed back towards our table. As usual, Blake and Carly were arguing. Aiden was laid back on his seat. He was watching me with hawk eyes as I got closer. I laid down the tray and sat in my seat between Carly and Blake.

"I don't understand why you can't just get your ass up and dance with me." Carly yelled. "It's just a damn dance, I'm not gonna grab your dick."

Blake's hands tightened around the arm rest. "I didn't say you were gonna get touchy-- which I wouldn't doubt-- I'm just saying I don't wanna fucking dance." he slammed a shot glass in front of her, causing some of the liquid to spill. "Take the shot, maybe it'll make you shut up."

Even though they were screaming on either side of me, the argument was basically background noise. My mind was somewhere else. My heart felt like it was about to pump right out of my chest. My eyes focused on gray-blue ones, eyes that were intently staring at me. 

It was just an experiment, Blair. I told myself. Don't worry, it didn't mean anything to him so don't get so worked up over it. Breath, relax, take a shot. 

Clearing my throat, I broke the stare. "Stop arguing, dammit." I laughed awkwardly. "I'll dance with you, Carly." I got up and pulled Carly towards the dance floor.

~

The rest of the night went well. There were no more stare contests, no more asking each other to put lemons in our mouths, and definitely no more kissing.

Highlight of the night: Carly was wasted.

"Why don't you love me, Blake?" she was whining as Blake carried her bridal side, taking the elevator up to our apartment. She's not going to go back to her dorm when she can't even keep her eyes open.  "I don't get it, I've done everything to get your attention. Can you just love me back?"