Chapter 10

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blair's POV

Of course I said yes.

Who wouldn't?

I've been in love with Aiden Carter Chambers since I was 5 years old hoping that one day, like in fairy tales, he'll stand up to my father and declare his love for me. In this case, he would have to stand up to my brother. That's okay since Blake acts like two over protective dads anyways.

Carly was finishing up my hair. She had lightly curled everything so it fell in long waves. I was dressed in dark floral pencil dress with a dark jean jacket and cowboy boots. Like always, no makeup was applied. 

"Do I look okay?" I asked Carly, spinning around for her. "I don't look too simple, do I?"

"You always look perfect, Blair." she rolled her eyes.

Not compared to you, I said to myself but I just smiled at her. Carly was someone girls would be angry jealous about and someone boys lined up for. 

A knock came to the door. "Come in." 

Blake walked in and looked me over. "So I heard you and Aiden are going on a date." he said after a while.

I waited for the big brother wrath that I was so sure would come. But it didn't. Blake seemed irritated by the idea but it was like he was keeping it to himself. This side of him, I've never seen before. He was always so protective of me. Why did it change? What made him act this way? Not that I was complaining.

I nodded and smiled sheepishly at him. His lips twitched, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm not fond of this, you know."

"You're not fond of anything I do, Blake."

"I know."

"So what's going on? Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that you're accepting this, but why are you?"

Blake looked like he was ready to say something but he pursed his lip, as if zipping it tight. "I don't want to take care of you anymore, Blair."

In a way, that made me feel relieved but hurt at the same time. "I don't need you to."

"I know that but I always felt like I had to anyways. I just thought it's time for me to let you go so you can take care of yourself, you're strong enough to. You don't need me to protect you anymore and I'm sorry it took me years to realize that."

Not knowing what to say, I walked up to him and hugged him tight.

This boy was my father figure for the past 10 years. I couldn't thank him enough for everything he has done to me. For helping me through high school, staying up late to help me with homework, picking me up from parties, covering for me when I got in trouble, hurting the guys who mistreated me, and more. I was lucky to have him as a brother.

"Thank you." I said and kissed him on the cheek.

Blake smiled a genuine smile and hugged me tighter.

"Awhhh, you guys!" Carly, who was forgotten there for a minute, spoke up and joined in on our hug. Laughing, we pulled apart with a smile on our face.

"If Aiden does anything stupid, just call me and I'll come right away to kick his ass." Blake said.

"I heard that." Aiden appeared in my doorway. He was dressed in khaki pants, a gray vneck under a white and blue plaid long sleeve, and gray Sperry's. He is so damn attractive. After looking him over, I looked at his face to see him already staring. "Ready to go, Blair?"