Extra Chapter

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 26

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone had gathered around them. They were in the center of the circled crowd. Even though it was a time to celebrate for the new graduates, the courtyard stood in silence.

Everyone watched as he let her go and took a step back. He was holding each of her hands with his, and was looking her straight in the eye. Tears started to fall from her eyes when he started to kneel down in front of her.

He let one of her hand go so he could get the black velvet box in his pocket. He's had this for almost 2 weeks now. He couldn't think of a way to ask her, since he wasn't a hopeless romantic like she was. He carried it around with him just in case the perfect time came along. 

He didn't think it would be today but as he hugged her and kissed her and looked into those perfect eyes of hers, he knew right then and there that he couldn't wait any longer. The love he felt for this woman was over the top, his heart over flowing with it.

Finally, he spoke:

"I know that I've been an asshole and I know that I don't deserve you. I want you to know that just by holding you like this, I am the luckiest man on Earth. I've loved you ever since I laid eyes on you. I love you more than anything. Trust me when I say I know I've made my share of mistakes and I will most likely make more but I hope you love me enough to stay with me. I was stubborn, hardheaded, and a crazy jerk. But I promise that if you say yes, I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Will you marry me?"

The crowd was still silent as they waited. There were more than 500 people around them but they had zoned them out. They were only focused on each other. The love they have was shining through their eyes.

She could barely see from the tears that are blurring her vision. She wasn't expecting this at all. They have confessed their love for each other, yes, but this was completely random. Of course she wants to marry him, she couldn't think of any other man to make children with and spend her life with.

She never thought this man would ever love her back. After all, she did nothing but show her love towards him 24/7 and he never returned the feelings. But now, everything had changed and they both couldn't be happier.

"Yes!" She finally said.

The crowd, once again, erupted in cheers at the happy couple who were still oblivious at the company. 

He slipped the ring through her left ring finger. Standing up, he pulled her into his arms and spun her around. He enjoyed the way she laughed and used this opportunity to kiss her.

Everyone was smiling and he could feel his fiancee smiling, too. The happiness that bubbled within him was too much to handle and his face hurt from the big smile that was on his face.

The tap on his shoulder brought them back to the present and he pulled away from her lips. He turned to see their whole family standing behind them.

"Mom!" Blake said. "Carly said yes!"

~

READ: I Hate That I Love You
sequal to 'Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend'
( located on my profile )

Blake Bradley is about to graduate from the police academy. His final test? Be in a witness protection program. The person who had witnessed a murder is non other than his little sister's obsessive best friend; Carly West. But after one heartbreaking moment, now he has to take care of the annoying little thing. What happens when she stops hanging all over him? Blake starts to chase after her, falling head over heels on the way.