weren't

❝I dreamed I held you in my arms❞

                                                                                         🌞

After that night, everyone noticed an improvement in Yoongi. He opened up more. At times, he still found him stuck in his previous ways, but he was easy to pull out of it. And now, it wasn't just with Hoseok, it was with everyone he was comfortable with, but that didn't change that Hoseok was still his number 1.

It was after an interview, Yoongi had wandered off by himself saying that he didn't want to go get food with the guys. And that day, he was the one who got stuck alone. The others nodded, letting him go, all understanding of why he would decline, they didn't get angry or upset anymore. For a fraction of a second, Hoseok was going to leave Yoongi alone, but he noticed the sag in Yoongi's shoulders as he walked away from the other six, and he noticed the way Yoongi's eyes were glossy (and he knew it wasn't from the makeup because that day, Yoongi didn't wear any, Hoseok was the one to get ready with him after all).

"You guys go," Hoseok waved off. "I think I'm going to stay with Yoongi."

Jimin raised his eyebrow at that, but dismissed it off. Hoseok and Yoongi had a special relationship, kind of like him and Jin, from at least Jimin's perspective. Although, he believed that there was something more between the two. The others did as well, "You're so nice Hoseok," Jin smiled as the group walked out.

He wandered to where he knew where Yoongi's room would be a knocked.

When Yoongi heard someone knock on the door, he didn't have any hesitations on who he knew it was. Sighing, he rolled out of the bed and made his way to the door, leaning against the wall, but still not opening it. "I'm okay Hobi," he spoke softly. "You can go get food with them."

"I want to be with you," Hoseok shrugged as if it was simple, because to him it really was. "And it would be pretty embarrassing if I left the others for nothing."

Knowing that Hoseok would do nothing but keep protesting, Yoongi just opened the door, knowing it was better than to argue. The second the door opened, he was being put into a bone crushing hug. He would never admit it, but he enjoyed it, a lot. "Okay, okay, you can let me down now," he brushed it off only to get picked up by a laughing Hoseok.

Instantly protests left Yoongi's mouth as he wiggled around trying to get out of the youngers grip. Join a band, they said. The other members will be cool, they said.

It was bridal style, and as Yoongi turned to stare at Hoseok's face he found himself growing quiet, and not moving. Hoseok's smile and laugh was really everything.

"What are you looking at?" Hoseok scrunched his face up, his cheeks burning red as he matched Yoongi's stare.

Yoongi's face turned red, "I love your smile." Internally he groaned, way to play it cool. That sounded so dumb.

Despite his burning red face, Hoseok smiled again as he made his way to the bed, still carrying Yoongi. "Get ready for the ride," he cheered as he literally dumped Yoongi onto the bed, squeling. Then he plopped down next to Yoongi as he pulled is head into his lap.

"I swear you are more childish than Jungkook," Yoongi snickered as he wrapped an arm around Hoseok's leg and push his head up so that the younger could play with his hair.

"Perhaps," he admitted, a smile on his face. As the two fell into silence, he studied Yoongi's face as he closed his eyes, leaning completely into Hoseok's touch. At times like this, Yoongi looked so peaceful. For a bit, Hoseok had thought he had actually fallen asleep, it wouldn't be the first time, but then he saw the way Yoongi suddenly began fiddling with his rings. "What is it?"

Cracking open his eyes, Yoongi looked up, "Do you think I'm a dick?"

"What?" Hoseok was taken aback, where was that question coming from?

Yoongi pushed himself up to sit across from Hoseok, "Do you think I'm a dick?" he repeated. "I mean, I get treated like it sometimes. By fans, interviewers. I know I'm blunt and cold sometimes."

"No, I don't think you're anywhere close to a dick, that's just you're personality. And it's okay to not be as outgoing as us. I, and the others don't expect you to be."  It was true. That was why they never let Yoongi get put into social situations he didn't want to, they were all very careful when taking care of him. Yoongi looked down, but felt his head getting pulled back up to meet the other's stare. "And Yoongi? I love you."

Hoseok had said those three words to Yoongi multiple times, so why did now feel so different, so intimate? Was it because it was dimly lit, and it was just the two of them? Was it due to the fact that Hoseok's face was close to his, and he had his hands pressed against Yoongi's cheeks? Or was it because Hoseok had just pressed his lips against Yoongi's?

The kiss was short and sweet, and it was almost everything he expected from Hoseok, soft lips. But it made his mind go on freak out, he didn't know what to do. He was never good at this kind of stuff. Hoseok pulled away, cursing himself as he saw Yoongi's blank face, he had just fucked everything up, didn't he?

Minutes of silence ticked by, neither one daring to make a move or even make a sound. They just stared at each other. By each passing second Yoongi found himself growing angrier at himself, why didn't he kiss back? Why doesn't he say something? Why doesn't he just lean over and kiss Hoseok? Because he was just too damn afraid. But why was he? It was just Hoseok after all.

"I-I don't know what to say," his voice was soft, and shaky, he was terrified that Hoseok was about to yell that what just happened was a mistake.

"You don't have to say anything."

So Yoongi didn't. He let his body do the talking as he pressed himself against Hoseok, engulfing the younger boy. "Kiss me again," he eventually muttered after just enjoying being in Hoseok's arms.

Hoseok didn't need to be told twice as he pressed his lips against Yoongi, extremely pleased that Yoongi was responding this time. It was everything and more of what Yoongi had ever imagined. It was as if he was dreaming.

Why did Yoongi ever think it was a good idea to push the others away?