you

❝I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame❞

                                                                                             🌞

It felt like his world crashed down on him as he sat on the couch, opposite of his old therapist, the man who helped him in his younger days. His mind went blank as he took in all that happened. After several weeks, the therapist had finally gotten to what Yoongi was hiding, what he brain was unconscionably protecting him from.

When traumatic events happen, some people's brains naturally shut them out, forcefully making a person not remember them. It was a coping mechanism, being extremely unhealthy. And Yoongi had done that. But finally, after today, he was able to remember.

"It's not your fault," he had told him, knowing what Yoongi was bound to be thinking. And it was the truth. He had read the police reports, the other was at fault.

But that's what it felt like. He knew it.  Yet somehow, despite his heart dropping to his stomach, he felt numb, he didn't cry. He was silent. Although he usually was lately it wasn't that bad. And everyone noticed it. From the second Jin picked him up, and drove him back home. He just stayed silent as he listened to whatever was on the radio, it was too cheery for him.

It wasn't until at dinner that night he finally broke down, in front of everyone. It was as he was staring at the one empty seat, and it hit him. Hoseok was gone. His boyfriend was gone. Everyone's attention instantly diverted away from the food to Yoongi. Jin cleared the table, as everyone let Yoongi cry, all afraid to say something, touch him, or even move. It was as if he was some breakable fragile object.

Which, honestly? He was.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me?" he snapped instantly glaring at all of them. They knew, they knew the whole god damn time. But they didn't answer him in the hospital, and they hadn't said anything here about it. But then he realized how in the wrong he was for snapping at them, they were grieving too, and it only made him cry harder.

That night, everyone stayed in the living room, all with Yoongi as they all openly cried together.