Leo's Jam

Everyone's talking about that stupid dance. What's the point of dances? Dancings stupid. Music's great. The foods alright. Single or taken, its just a pointless school event. Bree had already made her intentions of who she wanted to go with clear, Ethan. Ethan is good friend of mine as well, he also really likes Bree a lot but is to nervous to ask her. I also loved watching Leo attempt to talk to Danielle and come back failed and with a new nickname. Lenny.
At lunch I sat at my usual table with the boys and Bree. We all sat doing our own thing; Chase studying and doing homework, Adam trying to make something out of his homework, Leo eating his food and texting someone (probably Danielle for the fifth time today with no response), Bree was on her phone looking up ways to talk to a boy, and I was on my phone texting Ethan and a few others about who they were asking to the dance. I fake cough made us all look up to see Trent at the end of our table. "What do you want?" Leo asked. "Sam." He began, "Will you go to the dance with me?" I rolled my eyes, "No. I'm not going to that stupid dance." I stood up and collected my stuff. "What? Why?" Bree questioned. "Because I hate dances and parties and social gatherings and people in general. " I responded walking out of the cafeteria and towards my next class, every ones eyes trailing behind me.
The entire walk home the boys talked amongst themselves as Bree yelled at me reasons why I should go to the dance. We walked into the house and I finally snapped, everyone turning their attention to us as I yelled, "I'm not going to the dance, Bree! I have no dress, no shoes, no make up, and no date." She rolled her eyes, "Plenty of boys would ask you out." "I know." I groaned, "27 boys have already asked me and 3 girls." "Why don't you want to go to the dance?" Tasha asked. "Because and I quote 'Because I hate dances and parties and social gatherings and people in general'." Chase quoted me from earlier, "If you want a date, we can go as friends." Chase continued while preoccupied with an apple. I rolled my eyes, "If I go, will you people quit bugging me?" "What about the dress and-" Bree began but I cut her off. "Surprise me!" I spat before running upstairs and slamming my door shut. I groaned, sitting on my bed before laying down fully. Did Chase really suggest we go together as friends? Together? Friends? Why does that make me feel so weird? Why am I over reacting about a boy? A boy who is step siblings with my best friend and he's bionic? I groaned, rolling my eyes before going to start my homework.
The next day at school I got at least a dozen more asks before I made the announcement that I was going with my friends and no dates, so I can go with Chase and the others without it being awkward. I walked over to wear my locker was suppose to be but instead it was on top of Adam. My eyes widened and Leo and Chase did nothing to help him. "What the hell is going on?" I yelled at the three idiots in front of me. "Its part of our plan: get Leo a girlfriend." Chase answered going back on his phone and Leo checking the halls to see if someone was coming. "You three are idiots. I don't want to see how this ends." I rolled my eyes and went into the cafeteria and sat down next to Ethan and a few others. "So, Sam." Jackson started, "Got a date?" I groaned, "I'm going alone or with friends, no way I'm going as a date." There was an echo of 'ohs' from the other boys at the table and I giggles lightly as I picked at what I think is pasta and hoping is sauce. "Have you asked her yet?" I questioned Ethan. "I tried yesterday but she pointed somewhere and ran." He pouted. "She's just nervous, you're the first boy that's taken interest in her." I responded. "Really?" He asked in disbelief. "She was homeschooled, didn't leave the house much." I said quickly, I mean its not a complete lie... He chuckled, "Oh ok, can I practice on you?" I looked at the food, "Yea. I've got time. This foods uneatable sooo shoot." I turned my body to him. "Sam, will you..." He pauses to think, "Go bowling with me and some others on Saturday night?" I laughed, "Yes, I'd love to go bowling." We laughed and talked about class and stuff. The entire walk home was the boys arguing about Danielle. We got home and I went upstairs to do homework with Bree. She went on for hours about Ethan and I just rolled my eyes and went back to work.
Today was the day of the dance but first I have to get through the school day. Throughout the day lots of things happened; Danielle asked Chase to the dance instead of Adam or Leo, Bree attempted to talk to Ethan and failed, and it all comes down to one thing. The dance. An event in a school that matters to everyone at the time and in the future people won't even look back on it. Again on our walk home the boys argued over Danielle then Bree and Tasha dragged me to my room as soon as I walked through the door. "What the-" I yelled and they just laughed. I got pulled into the room and they locked it; Tasha doing mine and Bree's make up and hair. Then came the dresses. When we walked downstairs the boys had already left and Mr. Davenport watched me and Bree walk down the glass staircase in awe.

"You both look so beautiful." He gushed making me and Bree laugh. "Thanks Mr. Davenport." Bree smiled. "Thanks Davenport." I laughed. We waved and said our goodbyes before Tasha pushed us to her car and drove us to the dance. We got there and walked in, Bree held onto me so she didn't fall from her high heels. We walked in and spotted the boys almost instantly. "I'm going to go find Ethan." She smiled at me nervously. "Go get em!" I yelled and pushed her in a direction. I laughed as she tripped but quickly balanced herself. "Wow, Sam. I've never seen you in a dress." Leo laughed, Adam and Chase finally looking at me. Chase blushed slightly but shook it off as Danielle walked into the room. "Hey Chase. Wanna dance?" She questioned, I rolled my eyes and growled when she pushed me out of the way. I walked off towards the seating area. I watched the train wrecks called the Davenport boys and then Leo's awesome dance sequence. Adam and Chase walked over and sat on either side of me. "Having fun?" Chase grumbled. "Not really." I answered, "I hate dances." Chase nodded in agreement. Minutes go by and I groan of boredom. "Hey Sam." Chase asked. I looked at him, "What?" "Do you wanna dance?" He questioned casually. "Sure, why not?" I sighed. He looked at me before standing up and holding his hand out for me to grab. I laughed and took it, standing up and walking with him to the dance floor. We began dancing and soon the night was almost over. Chase and I laughed, walking back to our friends. We all went out for one more dance before walking home together.
"So the dance wasn't THAT bad." I laughed and they all laughed with me. "Wait!" Adam yelled and made us all stop. "Bree, get on my back! Sam get in Chases! We're racing!" "What about me?" Leo protested as Bree climbed onto Adams back. "Run little man!" I giggled, climbing onto Chase's. He held onto my thighs, making sure not to drop me. He bounced a little, moving me up a bit and my arms around his neck, loosely. "Leo. Count down." Adam declared. "3." He announced. "Hold on." Chase warned. "2." Leo yelled. "Not letting go." I whispered in his ear and I noticed he bite his lip. "1." Leo yelled. Off we go. The three boys racing to get to Davenports mansion. Bree and I laughing as the smack talked each other. Leo dying down soon enough and both Chase and Adam had to stop so he could catch up. Instead of racing again, Chase and Adam holding onto me and Bree but also holding onto a weak limbed Leo. We all laughed and made our way inside.
Tonight wasn't bad, it was actually kinda fun.