Avalanche

The bionics, Leo, and I sat in the lab listening to Big D talk about some new ice making machine. I leaned against Chase, zoning him out till I he pushed us all off the cyber desk and froze a cup. "Hey look!" I smiled and pointed, "Ice!" Leo pointed at me, nodding his furously at Big D. "Can someone tell him he is making ice?" Leo yelled. "You're making ice Mr. Davenport." I said towards the annoyed man. "Every space program in the world is gonna want these!" Davenport dreamed, "I just need the right fuel: Cytanium." "Uh oh big words. No good." I pouted. "You have super intelligence." Bree reminded me. "Oh yea." I giggled. "How could you forget you are bionic. I shrug and turn back to Big D before whispering so only I could hear it, "maybe im to scared to be bionic so I pretend I am not." Chase heard with his hearing and sighed, pulling me close in his arms. "Well, Cytanium is only found here. Im sending you three on a mission in the most remote area of the world." Davenport continued,  "Antarctica." "We've been to worst places then Antarctica." Chase laughed. "Remember Bakersfield?" Adam brought up the memory. We all groaned. "Look. With your bionics you should be able to sweep in and-" Big D began but was interupted by his computer beeping, "Oh no." "What?" I questioned innocently. "There is a massive storm heading that way." "So. We've handled storms before." Chase scoffed. "No, this is a category 5. Much more dangerous." Davenport groaned, "I can't believe this. Im gonna have to call off the mission." "What? No, we can handle this." Chase defended. "Stand down flash glue. If hustle and muscle aren't going, you won't." Bree said, walking out with everyone but me and Chase. Chase loosened his grip on me, stairing at the computer. "Go upstairs." He demanded. "Why?" I mumbled, wanting to stay in his arms. "Just go." He demanded. I looked at him and nodded slowly, "ok." His tone and mood changed completely making me frightened of his actions. I began to walk away, "Samantha." I turned back towards him. "Yes?" I asked quietly. "I love you." I smiled an skipped over to the spikey brown haired boy and kissed his lips. "I love you too!" "Please, go upstairs." He sighed, "I just need time to think." "I can't help?" I asked, hugging him around his waist tightly. "I just need some time." I nodded and began walking upstairs, "Dont do anything dangerous. I love you too much to lose you." I heard him chuckle and let out a large sigh as I entered the elevator.
I sat in the lab on my phone mindlessly as Big D worked. Bree and Adam came rushing in, "Mr. Davenport, Sam. Have you guys seen Chase? He isn't answering his phone and his mission suit is gone!" "What?" I stood up quickly. "Get him on the com set now!" Davenport demanded and watched as Bree started typing something into the cyber desk. "Got him!" She yelled. "Chase where are you?" Big D yelled through his com. "Im at the Cytanium site." Chase confessed. "What?" I whispered in disbelief. "Chase, I told you it was to dangerous there!" Davenport said worried about his youngest son. I looked at Bree worried and she held my hand as I began to panic. "Im proving that even without super strength and super speed, I can still get the job done." He yelled. "You can get hurt!" I yelled, panic tears running down my face, "You're about to get ran over by a really big snow storm, like bigger then Antarctica itself, Chase." "Don't worry Sam. I'm almost done. As soon as as I get the last of the Cytanium I will leave." He reassured me. " "No. Abort mission, seek shelter. Thats an order." Big D demanded, "What was that rumblimg noise?" All I could hear was Chase screaming and I immediately took the com set out of my ear and walked a few steps away from the cyber desk, talking a few breathes before I broke down. "There was a major avalanche at Chase's cords." Bree mumbled. Adam walked over to me and hugged me tightly as I zoned everyone out and they all ran around the lab. "He is still alive. He has to be." I whispered to myself. I turned to Davenport and walked over to him, watching him as he typed. Panic rushed through me and I wanted to scream. I listened as Adam and Bree got to the cite, not finding him and, reluctantly, aborting the mission. I walked towards the gear center with them as we talked about the next search and rescue mission we would go on. "I'll go set up." I rushed away from them and into the lab, wiping away the tears and sniffling as I walked in. I stopped. Looking at him with someone I wished I never had to see again. "Chase?" I croaked. He looked down as Douglas hid. Davenport and the others walking in and seeing Chase, getting excited before seeing Douglas. All I could do was look at Chase. "Its to late now, Donald." Douglas pulled Chase closer as he looked towards his father and siblings, avoiding me, "He's with me now." Fresh new tears wandered down my face as anger and sadness crushed at my heart. "Chase." I repeated. "Its true. I have finally taken back what was stolen from me." Douglas chuckled. Leo ran in, panicking about whatever he was panicking about. "LEO." I growled, pointing towards Douglas. "Whatever you're doing Douglas, you won't get away with it." Davenport growled. I looked back at Chase as he smiled innocent towards me as the cyber desk beeped, mumbling an 'I love you'. "I just did." Douglas mocked, "Now I have the ability to give Chase all the abilities I gave Adam, Bree, and Sam. No one can stop us now!" "Actually, they can." Chase confessed, "The usb drive is completely useless." "What?" Douglas yelled confused, "Then what just took an hour and a half to download?" "A list of future dates that I randomly made up that I want to attempt to take Sam on." Chase smiled. "Chase..." I whispered. "You double crossed me!" Douglas growled offended. "Did you really think I would betray my family?" Chase snapped, "Hell! Did you think I would betray my girlfriend?" "It worked for me." Douglas shrugged. "Even if you could give me every ability there is to offer, I wouldn't take it. We are a team. And teams stick together." Chase continue to push him to the side. "Fine. I give up, can we just hug it out and rebuild our family?" He walked the opposite way, "Well, if you can't join em-" "GET DOWN!' Chase yelled as Douglas took out a gun. Chase grabbed the freezy thingy from Leo and froze Douglas with it. "Mr. Davenport, I'm sorry that I didn't warn you about Douglas. I just knew that if I could get him back here, we could trap him for good." Chase walked towards his father. "Good work Chase, you would make a great double agent." Big D smiled. "Thanks." Chase smiled. "Oh, and i almost forgot." He reached into his pocket and handed Big D a bag of Cytanium. He then began geeking out about money before controlling himself and saying thank you. I snuck upstairs and passed the frozen statues to my room, laying on my bed for the first since I got my capsule.
Third Person POV:
Adam, Bree, and Chase stood in between two soaking girls, Bree superspeeding the three downstairs to change and act like they weren't bionic heros so Janelle wouldn't know. "I am really sorry for ealier." Chase muttered to his siblings. "We already accepted your apology." Bree sighed. "Sam hasn't. She was really upset throughout this whole thing." Adam glared at Chase, "You fix this with her. You do it now." "Well, calm down." Bree laughed nervously. "No. Im not going to calm down. Its one thing to lie to us, but Sam." Adam continued, "Sam's broken. From her father to Douglas and Marcus. Or did you guys forget what she went through? She is the best thing that ever happened to you, Chase. Treat her like it." Adam snapped again, "Fix. It." Realization struck Chase hard and he nodded, slowly standing up before rushing upstairs to her room.
Chase knocked on Sam's door, opening it slowly, "Sam?" He peered in to see her crying and holding onto a pillow on the bed, his heart broke. "Sam..." he muttered. "Sam, I love you so much. Please look at me." "You didnt look at me when you were pretending to be partners with Douglas." Samantha spat. "I needed to keep an act. If I looked at you to reassure you it was ok, he would have known that I wasn't on his side." "You could have died!" Sam screamed, sitting up as the tears rushed down her face, turning her body fully to face Chase. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it. "You could have been killed by the avalanche, or even him." Sam continued since he didn't. "Thinking I lost you, TWICE, was the worst damn feeling in the world." "I'm so sorry." Chase began to cry for the first time since he was young. "I love you Chase William Davenport." Sam yelled, standing inches from Chase. Chase pulled Sam into a hug, holding her tightly as he whisper into her ear, "I love you too Samantha Rose Michaels." She shook against him from anger and happiness. "I'm still mad at you, but." She sighed, "I'm so happy you're ok." She cried as she wrapped her arms around his torso tightly, not wanting to lose him again. He kissed her temple gently. "Every day I'm with you, I keep falling in love with you." I continued to whisper, "I promise that if I can help it, I will never scare you like that again." She looked up at him and pushing a hand through her hair, "Promise?" "Promise." He smile. He switched their arms so he could pick her up by her torso and push her onto her bed, laying onto of her and kissing her. Happily, she kissed back. They stopped making out after a few minutes, cuddling up against each other to watch netflix.
As she fell asleep, she heard Chase's soft voice against her hair, "You are my forever. I promise."