Concert in a Can

Being forced to stay after school to do a project with people you don't want to be around is a high level of annoying but hey, at least I can go home and relax. Opening the door i see Adam, Chase, and Leo talking with some boy with dark brown hair. I groaned, "Boys, you're not supposed to bring people home against your will!" All four boys looked my way, "Be free birdie, I have saved you from idiotlandia." The unknown boy laughed lightly, "Hey, I'm the new kid Marcus. Adam, Chase, and I going to start a band together." "I didnt know you guys could play instruments." I eyed the two brothers with an annoyed look. "Marcus calls it 'Raw talent'." Adam grins and I only sigh, patting his shoulder like a dog before walking into the kitchen with the boys following behind me. "Im joining the band." Leo piped up and i coughed slightly before breaking into laughter. "Leo, you cant even walk correctly. How are you going to play an instrument?" I wiped away the tears from laughing so hard. "Do you play an instrument?" The boy... Marcus.... asked. "Nah, i only listen to it." I answered. "Well you do sing." Leo thought out loud. I grabbed the edge of his shirt and slammed him against the fridge, "Bring that up again and i will rip your vocal cords out of your throat and cut your hands off so you cant play or sing. Got it?" The terrified boy nodded quickly and I let him go before walking up to my room to do my homework.
Eventually I finished my homework and decided to grab a snack. I heard a loud 'crash' or something close to that and rushed downstairs to find Leo holding Marcus' guitar and also looking very confused. "Leo? What did you do?" I asked, trying to weave my mind into a calm state. "I didnt do anything!" He defended. "Then why are you holding Marcus' broken guitar?" I let my voice go up a notch. "Why would he break my guitar?" Marcus asked me, Chase, and Adam as the boys walked in. "No, no, no, no!" Leo yelled, "I didnt do it. He broke his guitar and gave it to me!" "Thats crazy why would I break my own guitar?" Marcus cried. "Look Leo, i want to believe you but-" Chase began but Leo stopped him, "You dont." Leo looked at me, "You believe me right?" I sighed, "I dont know him, but i know you. I believe you Leo, I just dont get why he would frame you for this. Find proof and I'll back you up but for now. I dont know what to think." I sighed and walked into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water and going over to a teary eyed Marcus and handing it to him. He smiled up at me gratefully as he put the broken guitar down and grabbed the water from me, "Thanks- I don't actually know your name.." "Oh, yea... i didnt introduced myself earlier, my bad." I laughed lightly, completely embarrassed, "Sam." "Oh, well. Thanks, Sam." Marcus smiled lightly, "You're really pretty." I smiled, "Thank you." I looked back over at Leo who was leaving the room all mad like and yelled, "I'm gonna go all C.S.I on this one." My eyes widened and I groaned. "Whats wrong?" Chase asked me as I fell backwards on the couch. "Last time he went all C.S.I on anything I ended up grounded and half my body had bruises." I grumbled. "What?" Marcus asked dumbfounded. Chase sighed, pulling me up by my arms and embracing me in a hug as Adam explained what had happened to Marcus, "Sam was abused so we took her in, I had found a sad Sam in our living room and we begged Mr. Davenport to let us keep her." "You call your dad Mr. Davenport?" Marcus questioned. "No! You do! Adam said that so you would know who he was talking about!" Chase exclaimed quickly, giving his older brother a dirty look as he held onto me. I just leaned against him, to mentally and socially drained to do anything about it.
Later that day I wandered into the career day thingy at school, seeing Bree a little mad, I didnt go and bother her. I looked at the tables and smiled at the parents, waving towards some till Marcus, Chase, and Adam showed up. I walked over to them and helped them set up before heading to the bathroom. When I came out the boys were doing a concert thingy on some stage that appeared out of no where. In no time at all, Bree and Big D stood up there and played the guitars horribly. Eventually, I helped the boys put the guitars and stuff away before jumping onto Adam's back as we all messed around. Leo rushing in with a tablet that he claimed was evidence and a video of the so called 'crime'. Marcus confessed on breaking the guitar because... well he rambled and talked really fast, I didn't quiet understand what he said. Big D invited the now crying boy to dinner and he accepted, saying he'd catche up with us, he wanted to apologize to Leo. We stood out in the main lobbey waiting for the two. Adam quickly spinning around in circles, making me laugh as he jumped about and almost hitting Chase in the face with my foot. Chase growled and pulled me off Adam's back and held me in his arms as him and his brother argued. Bree wiggled her eye brows and i laughed lightly before kicking her. When the two boys finally joined us and we began walking to the car, I noticed something bothering Leo. I stopped, waiting for my best friend to catch up with us. When he did, I looped my arm with his and laid my head on his shoulder as we walked, "You ok, Dooley?" He nodded, hesistently, "Yea, just tired, I guess." "Bullshit, Leo." I groaned. "W-what?" He jumped, frightened of me. "I won't do anything, im not going to force the truth out of you. Just know, if you want to talk about it, I'm here for you. Always have been, always there." I sighed as we made it to the car. "Thanks Sammy." He mumbled and got in after I did. I sat in between Leo and Chase, Marcus and Adam in the back, back, while Davendaddy and Bree reigned front. I looked at Leo, "Love you best friend." He smiled and we did our secret handshake from when we were 9. I smiled, knowing I got my Leo back. I looked towards Chase and we smiled at each other before I heard Leo's voice in my ear, "I wanna know whats going on, when we get home." I groaned and nodded a firm 'fine'. Dinner went smoothly and the night went by quickly. Leo eyeing Marcus once in a while, Im genuinely concerned for my best friend. Maybe he's right about Marcus being bad news?