Spike's Got Talent

"Hey Chip!" I teased the already annoyed boy as i walked over to the group, adding a laugh as Chase gave me a dirty look. "Did you get a 'most likely to'?" Leo asked, smiling at me. "Yea. Most likely to die alone as a crazy cat lady'. Personally, I love dogs but whatever." I shrugged and stood inbetween Chase and Leo. "Well... as sad as that is..." Chase coughed, "I'm sure you won't die alone." I only shrugged. I looked over at Bree to see her with Owen. Personally, I've never liked Owen... to philosophical. Whatever. I looked to the gym doors to see Principal Perry coming out of the gym with some look, a not so good look that makes everyone uneasy. "Whats up snot buckets. Don't forget to sign up for the mission creeks annul talent show." She yelled, "Auditions are after school, judged by moi. If i dont like you, you probably wont get in." She laughed and walked off to put up signs with that ugly evil grin on her face. "TALENT SHOWS ARE WRONG!" Owen yelled. "Oh great, the artist has spoken." I mocked, earning a glare from Owen, "Well, see you guys after school. I'm going to class." I sighed and walked off.
At lunch I sat down with Ethan and some other people we're friends with. "What happened with you and Bree? You never told me." I whispered to Ethan. He sighed, "I guess we just weren't as compatable as we thought..." "I'm sorry, Ethan. You'll find someone who you're compatable with." I rubbed his shoulder with a comforting smile on my face. "You really think so?" He pouted playfully. "Yea, I promise." I smiled as I messed up his hair. "Hey, Sam?" Both Ethan and I turned to see Chase standing there awkwardly. "Yea?" I smiled at him. "Can we talk for a bit?" He asked, fiddling with his fingers. "Um, yea." I grabbed my things, "See ya later Ethan. Bye everyone!" They all said by as i walked with Chase towards the empty hall way. "Whats up?" I asked as he sighed heavily. "Earlier, why did you say 'whatever' to dying alone with cats as your 'most likely to'?" He asked bluntly, looking me in the eyes. "Oh." I sighed before smiling lightly, "Cause I know you wouldn't let me die alone." With that I walked away, leaving him standing their speechless.
I walked into the school, really late for the talent show. I looked around, seeing the destruction that Chase was causing. "Spikes back!" Leo screamed as Bree, Adam, Owen, and I stood at the entrance as Chase crashed into a butter sculpture of Principal Perry. "So, I'm extremely late to whatever this is... Does anyone want to explain?" I questioned confused. "Apparently Spikes back and Owen and Adam and I made a butter and popcorn Principal Perry." Bree answered. "Spike?" I hissed, looking towards Leo who shrugged awkwardly. Bree turned me around to see Principle Perry and Chase wrestling or something. "What the actual-" I began but Adam shoved popcorn in my mouth so I wouldn't curse. I glared at him before turning my attention on the show. Perry tackled Chase and began yelling things. "Why am I being smothered by a mexican female wrestler in a pants suit?" Chase yelled. "I'll fill you in later." Leo laughed. I sighed and facepalmed as everyone laughed at Chase.
I walked into the cafeteria as Leo ran out screaming 'SPIKE'. I looked in to see Chase eating Leo's sandwhich. I sighed and took the sandwhich from his hands and finished it as I sat down where Leo had previously been. Chase sighed when he looked at me, "What was that for?" "Scaring Leo and cause I'm hungry." I shrugged. He laughed lightly, "Ok." He sighed and slid his hand against mine, making me look up. "Did Spike do anything yesterday at the talent show? To you, I mean?" I looked into his eyes, it seemed like he was gonna start crying if he did anything bad to me. "No, i showed up to the talent show as you started fighting Perry." I reassured him, "Don't worry." He nodded, "Good." "Yea." I agreed with a small smile. "Sam?" He whispered. "Yea?" I looked at Chase again. "Thanks for always being by my side." We both smiled and went back to our lunches.