Rats on a Train

I sat in the kitchen with Tasha, who by the way was forcing me to eat some fruit. I wasn't hungry, I never really am. Bree super speeded upstairs and grabbed a blanket before super speeding back downstairs. "That won't ever get old." I sighed and Tasha laughed. "I know the feeling." We both smiled. Soon she walked off to answer a phone call, leaving me at the island all by myself. I pulled out my phone and texted some people from school. When Tasha came in, she was grinning from ear to ear. "What?" I questioned, smiling nervously. "Guess what I get to report?" She practically yelled. "A talking donkey? Tell it to give me a shout out!" I joked. "No!" She glared at me before sighing and smiling again, "A runaway train!" My smile turned into a concerned frown, "You sound delusional." She rolled her eyes and ran down to the lab to tell the others. I groaned and followed down soon after. As soon as I got down there, Davenport was pushing her into the elevator and telling her to blame the conductor. She nodded and left which left me with idiots. "What did you do this time Davenport?" I groaned slightly as the bionics got into their capsules. "Long story short!" Leo yelled, "He built a really fast train, conductor spilled smoothy on it, its broken and out of control, they are going to fix his mess." Davenport glared at Leo before fake crying at Adam, Bree, and Chase's upgraded mission suits. The three ran out with Davenport to grab their equipment and I went back upstairs to get a soda so I can watch them wither save the day or blow up some city.
I walked back downstairs to see Davenport yelling angrily through the com set... At Leo. Leo had gone on the mission. Well there goes my best friend. "Hey Davenport." He looked glared daggers at me. "Tell Leo not to die. I wanna kill him." I responded and Davenport rolled his eyes before going back to yelling at the teenage idiot. I sat on the cyber desk and swung my feet innocently off the side of the counter. He groaned and grabbed a big pointy thing and walked off angrily after yelling, "Don't touch my things, Sam!" I rolled my eyes and watched everything happen from the desk. I watched the pointy thingy fall off the train and into a pile of trees, everyone freaking out. I watched everything go down from them teaming up to pulling a rope to stop the train. I sat there, useless. Soon enough everything was over and I sat on the counter doing nothing the entire time there was a crisis. "First one to the lab gets a pellet shake!" Davenport called and the bionics raced here. I sighed and went back on my phone and texting people. The three bionics walk in with Davenport behind them. "You haven't moved?" He questioned. "You said 'Don't touch my stuff, Sam'. I decided to stay put and watch from the distance." I shrugged and inside I was mentally crying cause I felt terrible for not being able to help. Davenport shrugged and went to go make something in the corner with Adam next to him, watching excitedly over his shoulder. Bree and Chase walked over to me as I scrolled through instagram. "Hey, you ok?" Chase asked. "Yea." I muttered. "We don't have to be bionic to know that's a lie." Bree frowned. I looked up, dropping my phone into my lap, "I'm fine guys. The past few days have been a lot to handle so just give me some time. I'll bounce back soon." As much as that was true, some of it was a lie. It wasn't the only thing I've been worrying about. Bree seemed to believe me but Chase hasn't, only way I know is when Bree walked over to Davenport to take her smoothie.... Chase stayed. "Tell me the truth." He frowned, folding his arms across his chest. "That is the truth." I rolled my eyes at him. "There's more to it, Sam. Come on-" Chase began but Tasha walked in yelling at Leo and started on Davenport. I took this moment of everyone being distracted to sneak up to my room where it was safe. Well safe enough away from Tasha when she's mad. Soon after Chase, again, was knocking on my bedroom door. I groaned and let him in. "Why do you care so much?" I groaned. "Cause your sad and I want to know why." He poked. "Well I don't want to tell you, can you just leave me alone?" I sighed, laying backwards on my bed. "Why would I do that?" He laughed, "I like being impossible." "That's the only true thing you've said today." I mumbled and he heard it, letting out an annoyed 'hey!'. I sighed, "I just felt like I could do more but I couldn't and I felt bad." He sat down next to me, "Don't try what Leo did. He's crazy." I looked over at him and glared, "That reminds me I have to kill him." "Why?" Chase asked. "Cause he is an idiot." I replied with a shrug. Chase laughed lightly, "Don't feel bad, we all are happier that you're out of the way. You and Leo being safe are our priorities." I smiled at him gratefully, "Then the world?" We both laughed and he rolled his eyes playfully. "Just know you aren't useless." He sighed. I stood up and hugged him; wrapping my arms around his neck and he, hesitantly, wrapped his arms around my back. "Thanks Chase." I whispered into his ear, nuzzling my nose against the skin in the nook of his neck and shoulder. I heard him chuckle as he rested his chin on my head. "I'll always be here for you, Sam." I heard him whisper before we broke the hug. Not gonna lie I was kinda disappointed. "I should get downstairs." He said quickly, a tone of sadness stained his voice. "Ok, night." He hugged me again before walking out of my room. I smiled as I sat on my bed. I opened my laptop and pulled up Netflix. I was happy for once and it wasn't fake happy, and I liked it. I think... I like him.