Grandma vs. Exoskeleton

I sat on the couch on my phone, Chase and Bree throwing a ball to each other, Davenport doing some alien thing, Adam was using Leo as a weight thingy and Tasha was on the phone with someone. She ended the call and looked at everyone. "You know we will have to have your mother over some time." Davenport stated. "And when you do I want out!" I groaned. "What do you mean?" Bree questioned. "Leo's grandmother hates me." I rolled my eyes and went back to texting Ethan about a date he wants to take Bree on. "She does not, stop being dramatic, Sam." Leo groaned as Adam put him down. I threw a pillow at him, "Its true! Last time she saw me she yelled 'intruder alert'. The way Eddie does when Tasha walks into a room." "Well, when she comes I will welcome her-" the doorbell rang and Leo's grandmothers face showed up on Eddie's screen, I screamed and went to run upstairs as Davenport went downstairs. Leo, unfortunately grabbed my wrist and forced me to come back as Tasha told the bionics to turn invisible or something. The door opened and they ran behind the kitchen counter as Leo held me in place right next to him. Leo's grandmother came in and the three of us forced a smile. She got all fussy over Leo before her eyes laid on me. I could feel the bionics eyes on the back of my head. "You're still around?" She spat at me. "Yes." I mumbled. "Yes?" She began to raise her voice making me flinch. "Yes ma'am." I muttered. "Grandma..." Leo whisper yelled, placing a hand on my wrist gently. "Who are they?" Rose pointed at Adam, Bree, and Chase as they tried to crawl off. "They?" Tasha freaked out, "Are the staff!" "Oh Tasha, always so lazy." Rose muttered. "And you've always been so-" Tasha stopped, "My mother." They turned back to the three teenagers. "Adam is our..." Tasha began, "Chef!" Adam and Rose bickered before she continued to Bree, who apparently is Tasha's and my own personal trainer. "Him?" Rose pointed to Chase. "Leo's Nanny!" Tasha yelled. At the same moment, "Sam's boyfriend." Thanks Adam. Both Chase's face and my face became red as hell. Tasha muttered more about the nanny thing as we all glared at Adam. "Boyfriend?" Rose said, "See Leo. I told you she was nothing but a hoe." My eyes left Adam and went directly to Rose. Everyone's did. I stormed up the stairs and to my room, slamming the door shut. I stood there, not moving for a moment before sitting on the bed. I breath in and out to calm myself down before I cried. But it didn't work. Tears poured down my face as I thought of how much she hates me.
Leo's POV:
Chase and I had been arguing all day about the exoskeleton but when it came to Sam, we agreed on one thing. To make sure she was ok. We stood outside her door a few hours after my grandmother called her a hoe.
"See Leo. I told you she was nothing but a hoe." Sam's attention quickly snapped to my grandmother before she stormed up the stairs to her room. I went to follow, we all did but grandma kept talking so we couldn't. I snapped. "No Grandma." I yelled, "Sam's my best friend and she's been through so much. She knows everything about me and never hesitated to beat someone up from hurting me. Sam knows more about me then you do. I don't care who you are, no one treats my best friend like she is a pile of waste." I stormed off to the lab, my anger not melting but I calmed down a bit.
The moment rushed through my mind as it happened only a few hours earlier. "Sam?" I called through the door, Chase knocking gently. I opened the door and the light from the hallway filled a sliver of the darkened room. Chase flicked on the light to show Sam in the corner of her bed, knees to her chest as she shook. We got closer to her, her eyes bloodshot from crying and my heart broke just to see my best friend like this. Chase flinched and quickly walked over to her, sitting next to her and hugging her. I climbed onto the bed and sat next to her. "Sam, you are so not a hoe. You're my best friend, I'm so sorry shes treating you like this." I muttered. Sam looked at me, her eyes were red like blood, "I love you, Leo. Like a brother." Her tears falling down her cheeks and onto Chases shoulder, "I don't want you to get into trouble for being friends with me." She began to sob, I have never seen Sam sob. Angry. Yes. Sobbing. No. My heart tore at every sniffle and I just wanted to hurt someone. Why did Grandma hate my best friend so much? "I don't care, Sam, you are the most important girl in my life. No one has ever stood up for me or cared about me like you have." I held her hand tightly as I spoke, "No matter what happens, I won't let her tear you away from me." She smiled softly at me, still laying against Chase, "Thanks, Leo." She squeezed my hand gently as we sat there for a few minutes together.
Sam's POV:
The boys finally convinced me--more like forced me--to go downstairs with them. Leo and I walked into the kitchen where Adam was burning things, acting like he was cooking. "Can we just sit down and have a nice dinner?" I overheard Tasha groan. "We can sit down." Leo started. "But s nice dinner isn't going to happen." I finished. "You're Leo's Manny, you shouldn't be letting him near a stove." Rose reprimanded Chase and he rushed over, pushing Leo out of the kitchen and dragging me with them. "Careful Leo, do you want to get sent to bed without any supper?" Chase fake scowled. Without hesitation Leo said, "Yes." Chase looked at me, "Have you seen what Adam is doing? We're doomed." Chase rolled his eyes and continued to push us to the table. "So if you two are dating, shouldn't you be more lovey dovey?" Rose questioned. Leo pushed me into Chase and he quickly held my waist, "We are lovey dovey, right princess?" Chase said quickly. I glared at him before smiling awkwardly, "Yes, of course... Prince charming?" "This is worse then any chick flick I've seen." Bree whispered and I thew a bread roll at her. She glared at me before everyone's attention was turned to Adam's so called 'pasta'. I cringed in Chases arms as he served the burnt noodles to Leo's grandmother. I groaned and leaned my head under Chases chin, in his chest. When I looked up there was a crash and there was the exoskeleton standing in the kitchen. "Well that was bad timing." Davenport groaned. "Go away James, we don't need you right now!" Leo yelled then looked at me as I glared at him. He smiled awkwardly before everyone ran behind the couch, Chase, Leo and I behind a fake plant. I watched the robot destroy our home as Chase and Leo spat out some plans. Leo ran one way and Chase the other but in the end Leo got caught and held up off the floor from the robot. "Leo!" I screamed and ran over, punching and kicking the robot till it dropped Leo and my knuckles bleed. The robots attention turned to me; hitting me in the stomach and picking me up by both wrists. I struggled to breath as the robot punched the air out of me. Tears spilled from my already red eyes from pain. I screamed for the boys to help me as it punched me again. Everyone panicked as I started to spit out blood. The room went dark and I know I hung limp from the robots hand.
I woke up on the couch, bandages around all my bruised body parts. "Sam!" Leo sighed happy that I was awake, "You saved my life!" I shrugged, "I'll do it again if I have to." Leo rolled his eyes playfully and laid his head on my stomach, his eyes shut. "Thank you, Sammy." "No problem, Leo. You're my best friend. I'll die for you." "I believe that." Leo grinned, sitting up again. "You know I was wrong about you?" Rose smiled at me. It took all my strength to not say 'ya think'. "You do care about my grandson." She continued, "I'm sorry, Sam." "Thank you, ma'am. It means a lot." I tried to sit up but everything in my physically hurt to budge. "Hey, don't stress yourself!" Chase reprimanded, pushing me back down gently. I groaned and rolled my eyes playfully and he sighed in response. "So are you two an actual thing?" Rose questioned with a smirk. "N-no!" I stuttered, a light pink streak pushing across my face. His was darker as he copied and yelled, "N-no!" Everyone chuckled and with a sigh everyone sat around me; Chase behind me so he could help hold me up, Davenport, Tasha, and Rose on the couch with Adam and Bree on the ground. Leo coming out in the exoskeleton from earlier. I flinched and Chase held me closer to him, immediately I felt safe. "What are you doing in there Leo?" Tasha laughed. He opened the door and the pizza guy ran, dropping the pizza. "Getting free pizza!" Leo grinned and set the pizza box on the table, everyone laughing and grabbing a slice. I'm thankful for these weirdos who sit around me. My worlds so much better and brighter with them around.
-------
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING!! Usually I upload within the week but this week I was really busy. I actually got promoted to hostess at work so I've been trying to excel at that and make sure I don't screw up, also summer school is taking a lot out of me. I'm so sorry! I promise to upload within the week! I love you guys so much! Thanks for reading, mwauh!
-Rebel Queen