Chapter 12

I lean my head on the window, my mind full of thoughts. Niall is driving as I sit in the passenger seat as he drives through the traffic. Today is the day we announce that We are getting married, once again. And I am very excited. Note the sarcasm.

"Are you okay?" Niall asks and placing his hand on my thigh making me shiver. I push his hand away with mine and cross my legs. I hear him sigh and the rest of the ride is silent. Ed Sheeran is playing on the radio and Niall slowly sings along. I am reminded that one time when Niall wrote a song for me as a Valentine's Day gift and I was in tears.

Flashback.

I hurry out of my house to go to Niall's. Today is Valentine's Day and I am very excited for him to see the gift I've got him. I drive through the traffic and finally, after thirty minutes I reach his house. The security opens the gates for me and I enter. I park the car next to Niall's Range Rover and make my way inside with the gift in my hands. Making my way inside I place the gift on the table and make my way towards his room. When I enter without knocking the door, I see something that makes my heart stop. Niall is standing in front of the mirror with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I stare at him with my eyes wide. He's so fucking beautiful. His arms and his back....

"Like what you see?" He asks, still facing the mirror and I giggle. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him from behind, placing my cheek against his back. It's hard yet comfy. He chuckles lightly. Turning around he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close. "Happy Valentine's Day, Baby." He whispers, just for me to hear.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I smile. He leans closer and slowly places his lips on mine. His lips are soft but hard against mine. His kiss is so passionate, that I didn't want to pull away, forever. He traces my bottom lip with his tongue asking me for entrance and I gladly grant him entrance. His tongue battles with mine as we kiss. The kiss gets heated when he runs his hand up and down my back and gives my bum a playful squeeze. I pull away before we go too far. He whines at the loss of our contact and I laugh. "Come on, let's go." I say.

"Like this?" He smirks and I roll my eyes. He laughs his carefree laugh and I hit his bare chest.

"Okay, open the gift now." I say as we make ourselves comfortable on the couch after the dinner. He smiles widely at me before ripping the cover and opening his gift. As his eyes lands on what is inside, His eyes widen. A Rolex watch. The latest Rolex watch, which he wanted badly. His grin gets bigger and he crushes me into his arms.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!" He keeps on thanking me and I giggle.

"You're welcome babe." I kiss his cheek. He pulls away and kisses me on the lips. A sweet thank you kiss. I smile into the kiss. He pulls away from me.

"My turn now." He says. I smile at him and sit back. He leans forward and whispers in my ear. "Stay here." His breath fans my ear and a shiver runs down my spine. He goes back upstairs and comes back after a minute or two. My eyes widen as I see a guitar in his hands. He comes forward and sits on the couch. My eyes already filled with tears, when I realise that he's gonna sing. He settles on the couch with guitar in his hands. He starts to sing.

I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes
I know how it goes for wrong and right
Silence and sound
Did they ever hold each other
Tight like us?
Did they ever fight like us?

You & I
We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You & I
Oh, you & I

Tears roll down my cheeks when he finishes. That's such a beautiful song. I launch myself at him as he places his guitar aside. He wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me tight. I cry into his shoulder as he rubs my back softly. The song made me so emotional. I pulled away from him and kissed him hard.

"That was so beautiful, Niall." I cry. He smiles a proud smile and kisses my forehead.

"I wrote it. For you." He says and I kiss him again.

"I love you." I say and kiss him again.

"I love you too, baby." He says and kisses my head.

Present.

That day, I really thought 'nothing can between us' but, it was different. He himself broke our relationship just because of some fake pictures. He thought I was cheating on him while I thought he was my everything.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" Niall pulls me out of my thoughts. I realise that my cheeks are tear stained. He stops the car in parking spot of the restaurant and turns to me. He cups my cheek in his large hands and wipes my tears. "What happened?" He asks again. I pull away from Him and unlock the door and get out.

"I hate you." I say before closing the door.

________________________

Word count : 973