Chapter 24

The morning light enters the room and I groan slightly before opening my eyes. I am blinded by the bright sunlight and I turn my head to the other direction. What time is it? I turn my head towards the couch, which is empty now. As if on the cue Niall enters the room. His hair is messed up and there are dark circles around his eyes. He's clutching his head as if in pain and I try to control my smile at the sight. He raises his head, his eyes meet mine and he drops his hand.

"Good morning." He greets me.

"Morning." I reply, the smile still on my face. Niall was always like this after the night he is drunk his ass off. It was kind of cute but I would never let anybody know that.

"Good sleep?" He asks trying make a conversation. I nod my head even though I didn't have a good sleep.

Last night I was tossing and turning around. I couldn't sleep properly because of the words that Niall spoke. They were running in my mind continuously and I couldn't take them out of my head. All the things he said got to me and I didn't exactly know what to do.  I was thinking and thinking about it and eventually I fell asleep.

"Madison?" Niall calls, pulling me out of the thoughts. " You okay? Do you need something?" I hear the worry in his voice.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks again, the worry still evident in his eyes and on his face. Before I can respond, the door opens and The doctor, Mr. Drax enters.

"Hello, Miss Tomlinson." He smiles at me.

"Hello Mr. Drax." I reply, returning the smile.

"I'm gonna do a quick check up." He says and starts to check my vitals, blood pressure and all. I glance at Niall and he's scowling at Mr. Drax. I giggle and his eyes turns towards me and his his tense shoulders relax. "Everything is perfectly fine." Mr. Drax interrupts us. "You are good to go." He smiles at me. "But if you have any pain in your head or you keep feeling dizzy, come back immediately. Okay?" He warns and I nod happily, happy to go home. He turns to Niall and gives him a nod which Niall returns. "Take care." He says and leaves the room.

One hour later,Niall and I  are on the way to my home and I am so excited. Neither of us say anything, the car is silent and the only thing that is heard is the radio. It's one my favourite songs, one call away by Charlie Puth. I quietly hum along the lyrics. When we reach the house, Niall parks the car In front of the house and Paul comes towards us.

"We'll come back, ma'am." He says.

"Thank you." I reply to him.

Niall helps me out of the car. His one arm around my waist and the other holding my arm. I ignore the tingles that pass through my body and let him lead me to the house.

"Madison!" Maura wraps her arms around me as soon as I enter the house. "Welcome back, honey." She wipes her tears and I give a polite smile. Bob also hugs me and kisses my head before releasing me.

"I'm gonna take her to her room." Niall announces and holds his hand out for me. I place my hand in his that surprises both him and me. He tries to ignore it as he leads me upstairs. Where are the kids? I miss them.

"The kids went to school." He says, as if he read my thoughts. I nod at him and he opens the door to my room. He helps me sit on the bed and places the pillows behind me so that they support me. "Do you need anything?" He asks, sitting next to my legs.

"No. Thanks." I say. The atmosphere turns awkward and I look away from him. "Take some rest. You look um...tired." I say after a few beats of silence. I look at him and he has a smug smile on his lips.

"Okay." He says and stands up. He walks towards my table and pulls out the fault in our stars book and hands it to me. I take it and look at him, confused. He walks to the other side of the bed, removes his shoes and socks and flops on to the bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my eyes widening. Why is he sleeping here?

"Taking rest." He replies with a smirk on his face. I narrow my eyes at him as I understand what he is trying to do.

"Not here. Go to your room." I say, a smile creeping up on my lips.

"No." He laughs. I remain quiet and open the book to read it. I've already this book about a ten times but I still love to read it. "You said we'll talk when I am sober." He interrupts after few minutes. I can feel his eyes on me and I turn my gaze towards him. "Shall we?" He asks and I find myself nodding. He sits up on the bed and crosses his legs. I close the book and place it on the night stand.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened between us, Madison." He starts. "I regret it and I wish I could take it back. I know you can't forget what I did to us. Neither can I. But I want you to give me a chance to fix it."

"I-" He stops me.

"No, let me complete." He says. "I regret everything I've done, but I promise I didn't sleep with Celine that night. I was too hurt to do anything. I admit that later on I slept with many girls.." He trails and looks at me. I cringe at his words but try to cover it as he looks at me. "But I regret doing that. I just did those things to get over you, get over whatever happened. I just wanted to forget you but I couldn't. I could never forget you or get over you. You are everything to me Madison. Even though we were apart all these years, you mean everything to me. I regret missing my children's four years of life and I am sorry. I don't know what else to say but sorry. I just want you to give me a chance so that I can make it up to you and the kids." He breathes. I realise that tears are streaming down my cheeks as my eyes burn. "Please, Madison." He says when I don't reply. I sigh deeply before speaking.

"Niall... I know you regret what you've done. I can see it in your eyes." He smiles lightly at my words. "But I don't know if I can give you another chance. I don't know if I can trust you, again. You always had this problem Niall. You could never control your jealousy and you let the fake pictures get to you." I sigh. "I forgive you Niall. But I don't think I can give you another chance."

"I know. We can take this slow. We can start with few dates and we'll take this slow. I know you need some time for everything and I will give it to you, as long as I know you are safe. We'll take this slow. Okay?" He asks and before I can stop my self I nod my head. His face lights up and he smiles widely. I find myself smiling back and after so many years, I feel myself complete again and I just hope I didn't make a wrong decision.

_______________________

Word count : 1300

Hey guys! yes, I decided to update again.

Comment or message me how you like this chapter. Don't forget to vote.

I love you all!

By the way, Where are my readers from?

comment here or message me!

Bye for now.