Chapter 20

"What?" I shout. "What the hell do you mean they aren't here?" I shout again.

"They didn't come back from school. I've been trying to call you but it's going straight to voicemail. I called Niall but he's not picking up." She says sadly.

My heart is beating out of my chest and i feel like my life is falling apart. My kids! Niall! I asked him to pick up the kids. Where is he? And where are my kids? I try to call him but he doesn't pick up. Oh god. I fall to the floor and place my head in my hands. I hope they are okay. What if they are still at the school waiting for me to pick them up. I stand up and take my keys from the table.

"Madison? what are we going to do?" Maura asks.

"I'll go out and search for them." I say and head towards the main door.

"I'll come with you." Bob says.

"No-" I am cut of laughter filling the room and i see three figures enter. My heart and brain breathes a sigh of relief. I see Emma and Evan laughing with Niall and they all have Ice cream in their hands.

"Mommy!" Emma and Evan squeal. I kneel in front of them and wrap my arms around them and hug them close to me. I continue to hug them for few more minutes.

"Hey, Kiddos." I pull Away from them. "Go change. I'll make mac and cheese." I smile.

"We had our dinner mommy. Daddy and us went to a big restaurant." Emma says and opens her arms widely. I nod my head and ask them to change their dresses. They both climb up the stairs with a big smile on their faces and I smile a little. I stand up from the ground and look at  Niall who is smiling at me. I walk a little closer to him and his smile widens. I slap him hard across his face and I hear Maura's gasp.

"What the fuck, Madison?" He glares at me and rubs his cheek to ease the pain.

"What the hell do you think of yourself? You think that you can take my Kids anywhere you want without taking my permission? You think you can keep them out up till this late? Tell me!" I scream at him. "We all have been so worried and you don't even have the courtesy to pick up your damn cell! Didn't you at least feel like you have to inform their mother?" I scream again.

"Madison, calm down." Bob says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"How can I calm down? This-" I am cut off by Niall.

"They are my kids too. I can take them wherever I want and whenever I want." He snaps at me and I scoff.

"They  are not legally yours." I snap back. "After all these years you come back and claim them as yours! And I am saying this for the last time, Niall. They are my kids and you have to let me know everything about them." I walk out of the house, slamming the door and head to my car. I need some air.

Niall's POV

I hear the door slam and few minutes later the roar of the engine. She's going somewhere. Mom sobs into her hands and walks upstairs leaving me and dad alone. Dad looks at me and sighs.

"What the hell is happening Niall? Wha-" He starts but I interrupt him.

"I don't want to talk right now." I sighs and make my way to the room upstairs.

I know I should have told her that I was taking the kids out for dinner but I thought she would be busy making things better between Liam and her. I didn't want to disturb her and all I wanted to do was spend some time with my kids.