Chapter 25

"Honey, wake up." I try to wake Evan as he groans and curls up smaller under the sheets. I smile and shake my head. "It's your birthday baby. Get up." I say again. At the mention of his birthday, he sits up on the bed and claps his hands in glee.

"It's my birthday!" He says, excitedly making me chuckle.

"Happy birthday, baby." I say and wrap my arms around him and hug him close to my chest and kiss his chubby cheek. He giggles and kisses me back. I let him go and he runs out of the room. I make my way towards Emma's bed and wake her up. "It's time to wake up, baby girl." I run my fingers through her hair and she opens her eyes. "Happy birthday, darling." I say and hug her tightly.

"Thanks, mommy." She smiles and snuggles in my chest.

"Come on. Let's take a shower now." I say and carry her to the bathroom.

Once I am done with showering Emma, I shower Evan, despite his protests. He wanted open the gifts first. After showering and dressing them up in their clothes we all make our way downstairs. Maura and bob are sitting on the couch and watching the James corden's Late late show while Niall is standing by the French window, talking on his phone.

Niall and me...well, we are fine. The air around us is always light and we both are surprisingly comfortable with each other. He hasn't made any attempt to take another step forward and he didn't bring up anything about marrying me again and I am very glad. I am not ready to marry him again and I am hoping he wouldn't push me to do that.

"Happy birthday, princess." Niall wishes Emma first and then turns to Evan. "Happy birthday, buddy." He kisses their cheeks and they both thank him with a big a smile on their faces.

"This is our first birthday with you, daddy." Emma says with a grin and Evan Nods smiling widely. Niall nods and kneels in front of them.

"And I hope this will be your best birthday ever." He says, smiling lovingly at them.

The kids walk towards their grandparents and Maura and bob wish them and kiss their heads. Niall stands up and walks towards me.

"Hi." He breathes and smiles at me.

"Good morning." I greet him back, with a smile on my face.

"I invited your parents, Louis and Liam and his girlfriend. We're gonna have a family lunch and then, we are going somewhere." He says.

"Where are we going? And we mean?" I ask him.

"That's a surprise. You, me and the kids." He replies. I furrow my eyebrows at him and he smiles shaking his head. "I'm not telling you where we are going." He says. I pout and sigh. He leans down and my breath hitches. He kisses my cheek and leaves his lips there for few seconds before pulling away. My cheeks heat up and I try to say something. "You remember Zayn?" He asks.

"Who wouldn't. How is he? It's been long since I've seen him." I reply.

"Yea. I invited him, too. Is that okay?" He asks.

"Of course. Zayn is your best friend and I actually miss him. We were friends remember?" I smile and he nods. Zayn and I were actually close to each other. He was like a brother to me and we both had a very good relationship.

"How was the talk with Louis?" I ask, after few minutes of silence.

Yesterday, Niall and Louis had a talk. I met up with Louis the day before and told him about my decision regarding Niall. He was upset in the beginning but as I explained him everything he calmed down a little. He wanted to talk to Niall and Niall of course agreed though I was kind of worried. But then, I couldn't say no.