Chapter 5: Narrow Escape

It is now 1:15 PM and i'm not sure if it's a good idea to go outside. I mean, we are talking about S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers for Hades sake! So, I am packing up and readying myself to Vapor Travel to my other house, A.K.A my moms cabin on Montauk beach. Sure enough, 1:30 PM someone knocks on the door. I quickly made sure none of my stuff was left in the hose. I had Vapor Travelled it to the cabin earlier. I finally opened the door and saw................................................ The mailman. Thank the gods, it's not the Avengers. I grabbed my mail, thanked the man, and he left. I closed the door and leaned against it. "Phew, that was close." I whispered into the still air. Then, the doorbell rang. I put my mental guard back up and opened the door to find, the Avengers. "Styx." I muttered under my breath. "Uh, hey guys, whats up?" I asked, trying to act nonchalant. "You missed the meeting." Natasha said coldly. "Oh, uh, the meeting.....um, sorry about that." I replied. "That's alright, we'll just have it here." Tony said while barging in. "Uh, I don't think-" "Where's all your stuff?" Steve asked, interrupting me. "Uhhhh." Was my intelligent answer. I quickly bolted out of the hose and into a dark alley. I Vapor Travelled away before they could catch up. I was in my cabin. I sighed, this place brought back memories. If only Annabeth and my family were here. If my mom was here, she would be making blue hot cocoa. I sighed again, and unpacked my stuff. Time for sleep, I hope I don't have any nightmares.....

End of chapter! Hope you all liked it! Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Also thanks to @stylegirl98 for the uplifting comment! I will update faster if I keep getting nice comments like that! Thanks!

~Casey