Chapter 9: Nico

I would have just said no to the Avengers and left but I visited someone that changed my mind.

*Flashback*
I walked into the ocean and wrapped the water molecules around me, it helps me Vapor Travel longer distances. Or, in this case to the Underworld. I am going to talk to the Ghost King, or Nico Di Angelo my cousin. As I entered the Underworld I was right next to Nico. No one knows that I have discovered Vapor Travel yet, so this will be interesting. When he sensed me, he had his sword out and attempted to slice my head off, key word there is attempted. I had Riptide out and blocking his strike in half a second. "You're getting rusty, Nico. You used to be able to tell I was behind you the moment I was three feet away." I said while smirking. His eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. "How did you sneak up on me?" he asked. "I learned from the best." I said. "Yeah, but I have Shadow Travel, you don't." He said. "Eh, my sneaking skills have improved." I said, not wanting to reveal my newfound power. He didn't look convinced, but he dropped the subject. The realization that I was actually here hit him, and he tackle hugged me. "Don't you ever disappear like that again!" He said to me. I groaned. "As long as you get off of me, sure thing." I replied. He quickly scurried up. "So, are you back for good?" he asked me. I sighed. "I don't know, Nico, its just hard." I said. He smiled sadly, "Why are you here then?" He asked. "I need your advice." I said. He raise an eyebrow, but gestured for me to go on. "Do you know who the Avengers are?" I asked. He nodded. "Well, they want me to join them, but I am not sure if I should or not." I continued. His eyes went wide again and he blinked as if taking it all in. "I think you should try it, but if you don't like it or they try to hurt you then quit." He finally said. I smiled and said, "Thanks Nico." He smiled. "No problem, Perce. If you need me for anything just go into the shadows and call my name, ok?" he said. "Sure thing, Nico." I replied. He smiled, hugged me again, and said, "Take care, Percy." "I will, Nico." I replied and turned around to leave. I walked a ways away until I was sure no one could see me, and Vapor Travelled back to my cabin. And that's when the Minotaur came. You know the rest.

*Flashback over*

So thats why I decided to be in the Avengers.

Ok guys, look i know my chapters aren't as long as they probably could be, but I am trying. I really am. Thank you all for the good comments and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~C