Chapter 14: The Check-up

Recap:

Five minutes later and Tony was downstairs. I had made a lot of food, yet the Avengers and I managed to eat all of it. "That was really good, if you weren't one of us I would hire you to be my personal chef." Tony remarked. I blushed, "Thanks." I muttered. "So, whats on the agenda today?" Clint asked. Bruce cleared his throat. "Well, I have to give Percy a check-up." He said. I paled. "Uh, no I don't think that's necessary, uh, I am fine. Healthy as a horse!" I stuttered nervously while slowly backing away. I could hear the water pipes creaking in tune with my nervousness. "I still need to give you a check-up, Percy." Bruce said. That's when I ran.

~~~~~~

I ran and jumped out the window. Now, you may be thinking, 'well thats the end of Percy',but you're wrong. I Vapor Travelled to the ground and ran as fast as I could to the ocean. I then Water Travelled (in the ocean is water travel on the ground is vapor travel. K?) to the Underworld once again and found Nico. "Hey, Nico, whats up?" I asked somewhat breathlessly. He raised an eyebrow at me. "What do you need now, Percy?" he asked. I grimaced, this kid knows me too well. "Um, well, you see, theAvengerswanttogivemeacheck-upandIreallydontwantthemtoseemyscars." I rushed out. He blinked and said, "One more time Perce, but slower." "The Avengers want to give me a check-up, but I don't want them to see my scars." I said, looking down. He didn't say anything for a while so I looked up at him. He looked like he was thinking. "Do you trust them?" he finally asked. I thought about that. 'Do I trust them?' "Yes I do trust them." I said. "Then you should show them." He said. I smiled and said, "Thanks, Nico." He rolled his eyes, "I don't see why you came to me for advice." He muttered. "Because Thalia would have blown my brains out and Leo would set me on fire. You're the only one who wouldn't use their powers on me." I said. He smiled, "Good point." He said. "Well, I got to go now, Nico. See you whenever I see you." I said. "Ok, be careful, Perce." He replied. "I will." I said and Vapor Travelled back to Stark Towers. When I got there, the Avengers were sitting with their backs towards me. "Hey guys." I said softly. They all turned. "Percy, are you alright?" Tony asked. "Yeah, just needed advice from a friend is all." I replied. "Ok." He replied, uncertain. "Bruce, I'm ready for for the check-up now." I said. "Ok follow me." Bruce said calmly. I followed him to his 'lab' and sat on the exam table. "Shirt off, please." I sighed, "Brace yourselves." I said. They all looked at me, confused. I took my shirt off and they all gasped in shock. They could see my scars. The burn marks, the whip lashes, the branding, they could see every last scar. Im sure if Natasha wasn't a spy she would have fainted. Bruce was first to recover. He looked me over and did other doctor stuff. After he was done, I put my shirt back on and walked out of the room like nothing happened. They followed me and sat down on the couches with looks of sympathy on their faces. I sighed, this was why I didn't show them. "Look, guys, its still me, now you just have seen a little more of me is all." I said. They all seemed to realize what I meant and everything went back to normal. Well, almost normal, there was still an occasional sympathetic look directed my way, but I ignored them. At least they aren't treating me differently.

Poor Percy! At least the Avengers aren't casting him out. Well, you all asked for a chapter really fast! So this is for all of you that weren't patient enough to wait until next week.
Also, I want all of you silent readers to leave some feedback! If there are any mistakes or something you want me to add, let me know!

~C