Disguising the Mask

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug called out, using her power.

What dropped into her hands was a plastic red bag with little black dots on it. Something was inside it, so she tore it open.

What she found was a brunette wig. Marinette was in need of a disguise for walking around Paris randomly, so she supposed this could be helpful if she didn't have a huge mask on her face.

A minute passed, and she heard no noise from the her earring. Tossing the little bag into her duffel, she slipped off to find a public restroom she could change in. Marinette slipped the strap over her shoulder and swung further when she realized the mall was in short distance.

She swung on the roof of the mall, and tried to remember where exactly the restroom of it was and where she could enter to get there more quickly.

Last time she was there, she used the bathroom when she was next to the food court, so she had to enter from there. It was growing later, and the mall would close soon, so there wouldn't be too many people hanging out there.

She hopped down from the roof safely, then entered through the doorway to the food court. Seeing the bathroom in sight, she knew that she couldn't stop. Ladybug would just need to make it there, and change. There was a full restroom in there, locked doors and private sinks. She'd just need to focus and make it there.

As she continued to walk, she cringed at a familiar voice.

"Hey, isn't that Ladybug?! We're totally besties!" Chloe told Sabrina, running over to meet her idol.

"Hello Chloe. I'm doing a secret mission, and I have to get there quickly. Sorry, I have no time to talk right now, but maybe later," Ladybug straight out said, making a bolt for the bathroom after talking.

"Text me!" She heard the blonde yell after, to which she gave a thumbs up in reply.

"What in the world is Chloe doing at the mall so late?" Ladybug grumbled grouchily to herself as she made it to the restroom, locking the door behind her.

She tossed the duffel bag on the sink, and opened it. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she sighed. It wouldn't be easy to go undercover and walk around Paris until her transformation wore off, but she'd have to come up with something.

Starting with the denim jumper, she unhooked one of the straps from the front before placing her leg through one of the pant legs. She did the same with the other, then hooked both straps back in place. Ladybug slipped her arms through each sleeve of the light blue hoodie she purchased from the mall not too long ago, then zipped it up. After pushing her feet into the green sneakers from middle school, she tied them.

Finally she reopened the plastic baggie she was given for her lucky charm, then carefully pulled out the brunette wig. She realized it also came with a wig cap to slip over her real hair.

The first thing she did was place the new things on the sink, then take out her pigtails. Maybe if she braided it into a crown around her head, she could easily place her hair into the wig cap?

She didn't know how to braid her hair into a crown, but she did place her hair in two braids with the two red ribbons her hair held. She tied them together messily with the ends of the ribbons over her head, sort of giving it a crown look. She swept her bangs back, then pulled the wig cap over her head.

There was a bulge on the top from where her hair braids were tied together, but she hoped it wouldn't show too much with the wig. Ladybug tucked the pieces of her bangs that stuck out from under the cap back under, then placed the wig on.

It fit quite nicely, probably thanks Tikki giving her the Lucky Charm that provided her with the correct size of the wig. The bulge only caused the wig to lump up at the top a little bit, so she attempted to press it down with her red spandex-covered hands.