The Broken Half

"-is what you're saying."

Adrien's eyes shot open to see nothing but green shades. Whether it was the darkest shade of yellow combining with the deepest forest green, or just the blinding bright neon green you can find in the sea of darkness and misfortune, he spun around, landing his eyes on a familiar girl.

She was turned away, seemingly holding a conversation with another person, who was practically living in the shadows. Sitting up immediately, he reached out to her.

Once his fingers made contact with the softness of her skin, the room fluttered into bright pinkness, immediately lightning away the dark green. She turned around, and he saw her again.

"Marinette?!" He screeched, nearly falling back.

"I hear something! Does he know I'm here? I think I can feel him!" She squealed happily, looking right past him.

There she was, with her silky dark curl ringlets tied into her signature pigtails, as well as those big oceanic eyes that could always pull his attention away

"M-Marinette? I'm right here!" He cried out, causing her to walk right through him as if he were the ghost.

A deeper voice, distorted and unclear, spoke to her, although Adrien couldn't tell what he was saying. He could see her turning in that direction with a grateful nod, her pink lips pulling into a soft smile.

Only catching whispers that seemed to blow beside her, Marinette couldn't hear much of what he was saying.

Adrien heard her clearly, and saw her there, but she couldn't see him at all.

"Adrien?" She looked around cluelessly that he was right beside her.

"Marinette!! Marinette! I'm right here! P-Please!" Adrien screamed out, causing her to turn in his direction.

She could feel her heart skip a beat, then her cheeks heated up. She had to say something to the boy she'd loved since she met him.

"Adrien..." She spoke, seeming to look right at him, "I'm so sorry. Look, I- I heard about what you said about me. I know you saw my message about how I really feel about you, and I think I know how you feel about me... I love you."

Why couldn't she just have told him while she had the chance as a living, breathing, healthy girl?

Marinette could feel herself begin to cry at her own words, "-and I'm g-going to miss you... so much. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you how I felt before. I was so scared you wouldn't feel the same way." It was so hard to imagine that she'd never see him ever again. All she would have are the memories of their days in which she'd spent alongside him as a friend.

 All she would have are the memories of their days in which she'd spent alongside him as a friend