Facing Absence

"Adrien Agreste, please report to the office."

Alya snorted in amusement at Adrien's look of exasperation

Alya snorted in amusement at Adrien's look of exasperation. "Did something catch you doing something naughty, Agreste?" She asked as she failed at solving yet another math problem.

"What? No! I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it's a photoshoot?" Adrien quickly defended himself.

The boy collected his things and placed them in his book bag. He left for the office curiously, yet a bit nervously. Did he get caught doing something? His father might ground him and prevent him from going out with his friends, meaning he would have to sneak out very carefully if he wanted to help his partner.

After opening the door, he saw that his bodyguard was waiting for him in the office. "Adrien, you're leaving school early today," Principal Damocles clarified after sneaking a look inside his file.

"Uh... Okay. Have a nice day, Principal Damocles," Adrien replied, then followed his bodyguard out to the car.

Once he opened the door, Nathalie immediately went in for her explanation. "Adrien, I think you're going to need to transform and watch Ladybug sleep if you want to save her."

The boy tore his gaze from his book bag after climbing into his seat to glance at Nathalie, perplexed by the odd suggestion. "Why would I have to watch Ladybug sleep?" Adrien wondered, shrugging curiously.

"Well, that's how my partner probably did it. I just remember he made me go to sleep, then woke me up and I was detransformed," Nathalie told him, remembering her own experience.

"Are you sure he didn't do something else while you were sleeping? I mean I'll try anything, but it sounds a little creepy and odd," Adrien mumbled.

"Lucky, there was probably something that Felix did during that time. I wouldn't know what it was because he had me in his ring the entire time," Plagg piped in, using Nathalie's nickname.

She rolled her eyes at the name, but sighed. "Well, let's give it a try at least. Do you think Adrien has to be transformed, Plagg?"

"Wasn't Felix? I mean, we have to replicate everything he did if we even want to have a shot at saving Ladybug. We saved you early in your development though, so it might vary for the little lady."

"I guess I'll transform when we get back then. Does Ladybug know where she is?" Adrien asked Nathalie.

She shrugged simply. "I'm not completely sure if she knows where she is, but I told her to stay in the room, and I left food for her."

Once they got to the Agreste Mansion, they immediately rushed up to where Ladybug was. The girl perked up at the noise of people coming, seeing as she had been bored.

"I can't believe I smell Adrien on this bed," she happily mumbled to herself before the door opened.

Quickly, she sat up and turned toward the noise, pretending she hadn't just been enjoying sitting in the bedroom of her crush.