Last Puzzle Piece

Marinette glanced at her vibrating cell phone, then back at Adrien. They were just getting to class, and about to enter the classroom.

"Go ahead without me. I'll catch up to you and Alya," she promised, pulling the phone from her pocket.

"Is something wrong?" Adrien asked, looking at how she was getting phoned by his father's contact. He'd gotten her number after she won the hat design contest with the pigeon feather hat. Maybe his father was interested in doing business with the young designer now that he was aware of her status, he thought.

"I'm sure everything's fine. It might just be something inquiring for the hat thing. Maybe he wants me to do something more with it? I'm not sure, but it's probably nothing," she shrugged, but thought back on Nathalie. Considering she used his business phone to schedule all the calls, it was largely possible that it wasn't Gabriel calling her. Did it have something to do with her miraculous?

"Okay, I'll see you inside," Adrien said, looking back at her as he went into the classroom.

Marinette gently smiled at him before he left, then picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Nathalieisdoingtheswitchrightnowandshewontlistentome!!!" Felix cried out really quickly, not taking a single breath in between his words.

"Whoa, Felix? Is that you? What is Nathalie doing now? Sorry, I couldn't quite catch that," Marinette asked nervously.

What in the world did he say?

"She's doing the switch!! She won't listen to me, and she's planning on doing it right this instant! I don't know what else to do!" He told her, completely panic-stricken about Nathalie's decision

"Oh, this is bad! Felix, I'm going to head over to Master Fu's right now. I was planning on doing it after class, but I'm going now! Try to stall her!" Marinette told him, then hung up after hearing his affirmation.

Forgetting about her word to Adrien, she burst off sprinting into the other direction, running past the other oncoming students. She half-expected Tikki to pop out of her purse and ask about the situation, as it would normally go, but this wasn't that kind of situation. This involved her kwami, and Adrien's.

What if the large wish hurt her kwami and Adrien's in the process? How would they get Nathalie back if she was traded with the wish? Was it a single wish for everything, or was it unlimited? These were all things she knew Master Fu could tell her about.

As she ran away from the school, she heard the tardy bell ring behind her, echoing as a somewhat nostalgic memory of normalcy and comforting familiarity. She didn't want to think about it, seeing as she had a much more important situation at hand.

She found her way to Master Fu's again, huffing and nearly out of breath. "Master... Fu... Nathalie, she's... about to do... the wish with Hawkmoth," she spoke through heaving breaths.