Distortion

The pink light was blinding. With the random splash of blue surrounding her, she wondered where everyone had gone.

Looking down, she noticed she was laying on a random blue platform. Where in the world was she? The first thing that caught her attention was the slightly longer pigtails that fell upon her shoulders, curling into themselves toward the ends.

It wasn't red and black anymore, but it was back to the dark, natural color she once had it. It wasn't held in place with the red ribbons she normally used, but was instead tied with her own strands of hair.

Her hands, they were bare and pale. The clothes she wore fell comfortably warm around her body.

"Hello?" She called out, hearing her voice echo into the emptiness.

"You're her daughter, aren't you?" A random male voice came from behind.

She let out a surprised yelp, nearly falling off the little surface. Marinette jumped to her feet, then spun around to face a man.

"Who are you talking about?"

He had black hair, many faint streaks of green highlighting. His eyes were a bold green, and he wore a look of surprise.

"Who are you? Where am I?" Marinette demanded, looking around. Other than the small surface she sat upon, there seemed to be nothing else.

He turned away from her, and said, "I was a Chat Noir, but my name is Felix. I'm not exactly sure where we are."

"You're

"You're... Felix? Oh my goodness. I'm dead. I'm definitely dead," she mumbled to herself in disbelief. Nathalie's long lost love was stuck in the afterlife, and there she was, stuck too, she thought.

"You're not dead," he chuckled, "There's a different place for that. Who are you? I'm guessing a Ladybug."

Marinette wore a look of utter shock that he guessed so quickly. "How did you know?"

"I guessed that it was a holding place for all the Ladybug and Chat Noir souls that were detached from their kwamis, and I recall that most Ladybug holders were female. Speaking of Ladybugs, are you the daughter of Nathalie Sancoeur?" Felix asked, turning back around to face her.

"No, I'm not, but I know her. And what do you mean I'm detached?! Why can't we go back? I thought we were already separated from our kwami before we transformed," Marinette replied with confusion, glancing toward him. She looked below the small surface of hers, and didn't see anything other than the colors of everywhere else. How Felix wasn't falling was beyond her, but she was too nervous to step off the platform. Her gloveless fingers gripped the edges tightly.

"It has to do with the development, which took me forever to figure out. I can explain it to you now that we have time, but first I'd like to ask, how is Nathalie?" He requested, a sad smile taking place on his face.