Third Identity

"How... how was it th-that easy to cover my mask?" Ladybug asked, stunned by her new appearance. Her yoyo still hung at her hip, but she'd just put it in a backpack or purse when the time came.

"Your mask doesn't rise or anything. It looks like a tattoo or paint," Chloe replied without looking up, beginning to file her own nails.

Immediately, her hands flew up to touch her earrings, which still didn't have a backing and was still attached to the skin.

She didn't look anything like herself anymore, especially with the new disguise, and it really scared her. It wasn't the fact that she looked different that scared her, for it was the fear of losing the girl she was and becoming a new person.

"Do you want to go out in public and test your new look to see if anyone recognizes you? My work is genius obviously, so no one would recognize you anyways," Chloe asked Ladybug.

"Sure," she replied, wondering how she could pull this off in the slightest. When the time came and she'd have to go to school, she worried that her classmates would see right through her disguise. What if she tripped up in front of Adrien or Alya realized she was a fake?

"Your name should be something fabulous. How about Lucille?" Chloe asked the heroine.

"It doesn't really suit my look," Ladybug answered.

"How about Belle?"

"Mm..."

"Ella?"

"Nah..."

"Chloe the Second?"

"..." Ladybug flashed a disapproving look at the blonde.

"It was worth a shot," she laughed, shaking her head.
"You're so difficult," Chloe huffed after responding to Ladybug's glare, but still continued to rack her mind to think of a name that could suit her idol's new look.

"I just want something that stays true to me," she answered honestly.

"What about Bridgette?" The blonde suggested.

"Bridgette... I-I think it's a good name. I could remember Bridgette," Ladybug replied, saying the last part mainly to herself.

"It sounds a lot like that Mari-trash's name, but if you think it works, it's probably good," Chloe responded with a little sassiness.

By this point, Marinette didn't get so annoyed hearing Chloe call her Mari-trash, being that she heard it so often, that it didn't affect her as much as it used to. She had already learned to ignore it from years before.

"Don't call people trash, Chloe," Ladybug scolded half-heartedly, leaving the blonde to roll her eyes.

"Let's get going to test your new clothes out, Bridgette," she stressed her name in a playful manner.

The two left the hotel and went to meet up with Sabrina to introduce her as a new member of their little group and to their school.

"Bridgette, huh?" Sabrina asked, studying her more closely and seriously than would've made her comfortable. Ladybug hoped she wasn't catching on that she was Marinette or Ladybug.

"Welcome to the school!" Sabrina's demeanor changed completely, from cold to excited and friendly.

"Thank you, Sabrina! Sabrina, was it?" She pretended to have a little problem remembering her name as to make it believable that she was a new student.