Until Eternity's End

"So we're stuck here forever, huh?" Marinette asked, her optimistic tone fallen away. She turned away on the platform, and away from Felix, not wanting to let him see how sad she had become.

She'd never get to see Alya, her best friend who could always make her laugh. No more slumber parties, no more shopping trips, or movie nights. Alya would have to find a new best friend, and Marinette hoped it would be Chloe.

She'd never get to see her wonderful parents who'd always care about her. They would have to run the bakery with the help of other employees now, and she knew it was breaking their hearts. Her mother and father were the most loving people she knew, and she wouldn't ever give up the memories of them. Maybe one day, after the eternity she would spend in this holding place, she would get to see them again.

Now Chloe wouldn't have to deal with Ladybug in her hotel, but she knew that she was a better person. With every piece of her, Marinette hoped she wouldn't go back to her mean ways, and could be kind. They really grew to become closer friends over the course of the development, and it was like having a sister. She was so proud of how much Chloe developed over time, and even became kind.

And Adrien... she'd never get to see him ever again. He was always so kind to her, and she wished she would've been courageous enough to admit her feelings before getting stuck as Ladybug. He returned the feelings, and it was so amazing, but now he'd have to move on. She hated to imagine, but if it would make him happy again, he had to find love. Maybe with a kind girl, he could fall in love and start a real family later. It wasn't fair how he was such a sweet boy, and came from such a cold, harsh home.

 It wasn't fair how he was such a sweet boy, and came from such a cold, harsh home

Lastly, and most painfully, Chat Noir watched her slowly disintegrate. Her partner, her best friend, he was always the best thing about being Ladybug. Having him in her life made her feel luckier than anyone else in Paris. He was the silliest, most caring boy she'd ever met. Now he was going to have to find a new Ladybug, and thanks to her, he wouldn't lose another partner. He would never have to deal with the same kind of issue, and it was a relief. She would miss him more than everyone.

"Hey, don't be so down... There's one little advantage to being here that I haven't told you about," Felix tried to cheer her up.

Gloomily, she turned toward him, "What?"

"So you remember meeting yourself in a dream, right? Well, we get to do that once in a while with the ones we love. The only downside is that we can't see them, but they can see us. We can hear them, and they can hear us," Felix said, allowing himself to smile.

Curiously, she perked up and sat upright, asking, "Have you tried it?"

"I've done it with my parents, but they don't think I'm real. I'm a bit scared to do it with Nathalie," Felix admitted, "But I think your partner will understand you."