Facing Facts

Ladybug ran away as far as she could, unsure of where she was going. What she didn't expect was that her feet were beginning to lift from the ground when she picked up speed.

She stopped to lift an shoulder, causing the wing to mimic her joint movement. When she ran, she knew her shoulders were shifting back and forth.

If she wanted to work the wings properly, she'd likely need to balance her running and movements of joints and be mindful of her advancements in speed until it became as second nature as using her yoyo.

"Okay, I've got this."

The bottoms of her spandex-covered feet hit the tops of the roofs, gaining momentum with the rushing movements in her wings. Slowly, her feet left the ground, and she pushed both her shoulders back, causing her to shoot forward unexpectedly. She let out a loud demon-like noise that she never wanted to hear from her own voice again.

In surprise, she hunched her shoulders forward, only leading her to fly backwards. Clumsily, she kicked her feet out in an attempt to catch her self.

"How do I control myself?!" She cried out, mostly to herself.

Forwards, backwards, upside down, right side up. The girl felt like a leaf trapped in a tornado. Her limbs were everywhere, doing whatever she could to keep herself from crashing down on some poor unlucky civilian.

She finally just stopped moving around, only dropping her shoulders by her side. The loud flapping sound of her wings quieted slightly, just flapping enough to keep her in place.

"So this is how I stay still, huh? Maybe if I just..." Ladybug carefully and slowly turned one of her shoulders to the left, shifting her toward the direction.

"Cool! Maybe it isn't so terrible being Ladybug after all," she laughed, but not for too long. It still pained her heart to think of her family. She just needed to check on them. They must've received her message by now!

As well as Adrien.

Maybe she should check on him too.
No, no! She can't do that! What if she sees him looking completely disgusted or scared and realized that he hates Marinette forever?!

Ladybug decided it would be best to check on her family first. She rolled her shoulders back, causing her to fly forward, and tilted up.

She clenched her fists as she made the effort to not look down, but up so she could find the best route to her house.

Once she got there, she crashed straight into the floor of the front of the bakery. Groaning at the pain she receive from the collision with the ground, she laid there. Her wings seemed to lower down, coiling themselves, acting seemingly as hurt as she felt.

"Ladybug! Are you alright?! That was a terrible tumble!" Her mother came rushing over to make sure Paris's superhero was not dead.

"Falling ain't no thing but a chicken wing," Ladybug replied, peeling herself from the ground like a smashed, but alive bug.

"Huh? Let's get you inside," Sabine suggested, inconspicuously checking to see if she got a concussion.

"Ignoring my sad version of a superhero landing, I came to check if you heard any updates on Marinette."

Not even struggling to call myself by my name and not "me." I haven't been myself for so long. I miss hearing my name being spoken to me...

"Oh! We got a video from her! My daughter is still alive, but she told everyone to stop looking for her," Sabine told her, pulling out a chair for her to sit on.