Power of Contribution

A/N: Merry Christmas!! ❄️🎄☃️
A mention to the episode, Robustus will be made. Also, in this AU, Nathalie doesn't know Gabriel is Hawkmoth.

"All that was left was Plagg... and his miraculous."

"H-He just... disappeared into thin air?" Chloe attempted to ask, seeing as Ladybug was left just as speechless as Adrien. Thankfully Nathalie was very discreet when mentioning Marinette's name, so he didn't hear when she used it, but he did listen to her story about losing her partner.

"Is Ladybug going to..." Alya's voice grew weak.

Nathalie didn't reply immediately, but she tried to wipe away the traces that her tears left. Her Felix had suffered, and now was her chance to help someone else, like he had done for her. The problem was that only Felix had known how to stop her development, yet he couldn't end his own. She felt just as clueless as Ladybug did.

"She can't die!" Adrien blurted out, almost angrily. Ladybug would've used words to console him or at least try to assure that she wasn't going to die, but now she wasn't even sure.

If it came down to... that, she would need her partner to promise her something important. She had to do it before it was too late.

"I need to talk to Chat Noir."

The spotted heroine ran out of the office, leaving them behind.

"Adrien, didn't you say you had a photo shoot?" Chloe asked, remembering how obvious it was that her old friend was Chat Noir. He needed an escape, and now was the chance.

Adrien gaped at her, unsure of whether or not she knew. She narrowed her icy eyes, giving a curt nod in confirmation. That was all he needed to know.

"Oh... right! Silly me!" Adrien laughed nervously, making his way to escape.

"Adrien, it isn't scheduled until tomorrow," Nathalie reminded him, causing him to flash an anxious look to Chloe.

"That's because... my daddy told a bunch of photographers that Adrien would model for free, seeing as he is my childhood best friend! Those pictures are for me, so I won't be paying him squat!" Chloe crossed her arms, turning her head slightly to look at Adrien with a risen eyebrow.

"Uh... I guess. I mean, BFF's for life! I have to go! The appointment is right now! Chloe, I need you there for assistance," the blonde requested, widening his eyes and flicking them toward the door.

Chloe rolled her eyes and followed him out into the now darkened outdoors. "Of course I know you're Chat Noir!" she hissed, glaring at him once they were away from the office, "But someone is waiting to talk to you and she's blind so hurry up before she goes somewhere you can't find her! Especially at nighttime!"

"How did you- we'll talk about this later! I'll be back!" Adrien quickly changed the subject, running into a corner to transform.

Once he did so, Chloe pointed him in the direction of his partner. Chat Noir rushed to her side, causing Ladybug to turn at his arrival.

"Adrien?" She questioned, being that she hadn't left the ground and his scent still reeked of strong Camembert, but a cologne that was likely used in an attempt to cover up the horrid stench.

"Nope, Chat Noir," he told her, but the girl's eyes narrowed in confusion.

"I think you're confusing," Ladybug declared.