One Down

A/N: I'm just going to mention again, just in case, that the Volpina-Collector storyline does not exist in this AU.

I started this story months before season two was released. Yes, Lila was Volpina, but I didn't know what was going to occur when Marinette went to Master Fu's.

In this case, we are just going to keep the fact that Gabriel still owns the book, and Marinette returned it to Adrien instead, meaning Master Fu never got ahold of it. Keep this information in mind for the chapter ahead.

Please enjoy! 😁❤️

* * *

A new holder already?! Was Nathalie insane? It was hard enough to even walk to class without seeing Marinette as if she'd never left.

At least his own father didn't go replacing his mother two seconds after she left, or even at all. Sometimes, Adrien wondered if Nathalie even had a human heart, or was just a robot. Of course, he'd seen her emotions firsthand. She did obviously feel bad when she did things or when Adrien hurt her with his own words.

He was so not ready for a new partner just yet. If anything, he preferred having his caretaker as his partner for the time being, but she had to go and give away the miraculous to someone who now knew his secret identity.

He was so dead.

"I can't believe you exposed yourself! Normally I wouldn't give a single crap about any of this, but Hawkmoth is on your butt about finding out who you are! He's probably now looking to trick the new Ladybug holder into giving him the miraculous since the last one was too smart!" Plagg ranted.

"I know, I'm so lame... It was because of that akuma, Marinette's dad. He trapped me and nearly completely detransformed my partner, but she escaped in time," Adrien slumped down on his bed, his shoulders falling forward as he threw his face into his arms. "I'm just not as on my game as I used to be. Plagg, I miss her."

"Adrien, have you seen Kagami?" Nathalie asked him after a short knock

"No, why?" Adrien asked, a bit confused as to why he would see the girl who fenced at his school one time.