Confessions

Chloe was rested over her bed, but held her head up and had her legs crossed. She watched the news out of pure boredom and was just waiting for her friend to come back.

It hadn't been long before Ladybug opened the door and dragged herself in. How could she be so selfish, she wondered about herself. Even though she had no control over her costume situation, she felt as if she were responsible for it somehow. There was a small part of her that was happy to not be Marinette, but it made her feel guilty.

"Ladybug!" Chloe rushed up out of her bed to talk to her, "Let's go do something fun! I'm bored. Get your Bridgette costume on and let's get going! You know it's Halloween tomorrow, right? We should get costumes!"

"I'll be Ladybug for Halloween," she grumbled, going to the corner to get her disguise on fully.

Or Marinette.

"You're already Ladybug! How about if you're Bridgette in a cat costume? Maybe you could cover your mask, but keep your hair uncovered by the wig," Chloe suggested, causing Ladybug to cringe.

She wasn't going to look like Ladybug or Bridgette of she did that, but she'd have the face of who she used to be as a civilian, and people might recognize her as Marinette.

"How about I'm Bridgette with a cat costume and the normal wig I usually wear?" Ladybug compromised, not wanting to reveal her identity to Chloe or anyone who saw her without a mask, "And besides, you know that would just reveal my identity. Me without a mask?" She started applying her makeup to get into her Bridgette disguise.

Chloe slumped and sighed in defeat. "You're probably right," she admitted, "But maybe a different wig?"

"What's wrong with this one?" Ladybug asked, slipping it over her wig cap before pulling a red dress. She put black leggings under the dress. The spandex gloves to cover her hands, she pulled a denim jacket over her arms.

"It's Halloween! You should go all out," Chloe told her, "Like I'm going to be Ladybug! I bet no one will know it's not you. I'm totally wearing a wig too."

Ladybug giggled a little, and thought of Chloe's face in her suit along with her dark hair.

"I want to look like Bridgette, not like a different person! Besides, what if someone pulls the different wig off to reveal my real hair as a joke?" The heroine brought up, slipping into a pair of black boots.

"Put your brown wig under the other wig," Chloe joked, receiving a deadpan glare from the girl who'd just finished recreating her third identity.

"Why would I wear two wigs? I already can't stand wearing one," Ladybug grumbled, crossing her arms.

"I was joking! You're awfully grumpy today," Chloe remarked, rolling her eyes.

Well, excuse me, Ladybug thought, it just so happens that my crush has fallen in love with the girl I could probably never be again.

"Ugh... How about if Bridgette wears Ladybug?" She suggested to Chloe.

"As awesome as that cosplay would look, I'm afraid I'm already going to be Ladybug. And the real Ladybug's costume would make mine look trashy in comparison, so no."

The heroine laughed and rolled her eyes. "I'd actually rather wear anything but this dumb suit at this point."

"Then why not detransform?" Chloe asked curiously, "I mean, it's not like there's been a whole lot of akuma attacks, and I wouldn't tell a soul about your identity!"

"This is a super dangerous thing I've got going here, and apparently I have to stay available in case of an akuma attack," Ladybug lied, shifting her coiled wings under her denim jacket. It moved the material a little, and Chloe cringed.