Meeting Marinette

Ladybug rubbed her eyes, clearing her blurring, waking vision. She sat up slowly, attempting to look around the blurry, bright and colorful world around her.

"Need any help?" A seemingly pale arm was extended out to her, and the voice sounded very familiar.

Ladybug couldn't quite put her finger on who's voice she was hearing. Her vision was still blurry, but she somehow felt that she trusted this person. Ladybug reached her suit-covered hands out to grab the pale one, who helped pull her to her feet.

She stood face-to-face with the blurry figure in front of her. Ladybug could tell from her feminine figure and voice that this unknown figure was a girl. Her hair seemed wavy and dark.

"Where am I?" Ladybug's own voice echoed out into the color-bursting world around her.

"You are safe, Ladybug. I can assure you of that, but what I can't say is that you're close to me anymore. We're growing further apart with each new second that comes with your powers," the feminine voice replied to her, and finally her vision was beginning to clear up.

"M-Marinette?" Ladybug almost fell back, gasping at the sight of her own familiar face, completely unmasked but not in a reflection.

"Wait Ladybug, don't be afraid! I'm really Marinette," Marinette put a hand on Ladybug's shoulder comfortingly

"B-But... That's impossible! I'm Marinette. How are you- who are you? What's going on?" Ladybug began to panic, seeing as she was really looking into the blue eyes of who she used to be.

"Hey, calm down first. I know you're looking for an explanation, and I do have one. You're really Ladybug, and I'm slowly falling away from you. Our bond is falling apart and- I actually was hoping you'd know how to solve this," her civilian form shrugged, trying to hide her own worries.

"But I am Ladybug, and I am Marinette. I was Marinette before I was Ladybug. Aren't I both?!" Ladybug's voice began to raise, causing her civilian form's face to sadden.

As much as she didn't want to believe that Marinette was right in front of her, she could feel it. It was a feeling she couldn't describe, but a sense as well. There was a warming presence that faded only when Marinette turned away or stepped further from herself. It was somehow... colder and more empty without her form close.

"You know I'm Marinette... Look, I'm still within you, but I'm falling away. I don't know why, but I'm being pulled further and further from... this place. Please, I know I can't- you can't reveal your identity to Chat Noir, but please talk to his kwami. Ask him if he could hide while his kwami comes out. He may have more answers than I could provide," Marinette told Ladybug.

"How- I just don't know how all this is happening! If I'm Ladybug, then how do I have all your memories and personality and-" The heroine rambled, feeling emotional. To her surprise, she was hugged by her own self. The warmth returned to her, and Ladybug buried her face in the shoulder of Marinette.