Forgathering

The next morning that Marinette woke up to, she had nearly forgotten who she was and where she was, mostly due to being Ladybug for so long

The next morning that Marinette woke up to, she had nearly forgotten who she was and where she was, mostly due to being Ladybug for so long. It had been months since she slept in her room, but thanks to Chloe, she had a comfortable place to sleep. Initially, she assumed she was going to sleep on the streets or on a high ledge of the Eiffel Tower at night, but Chloe's generous offer allowed otherwise.

It was comforting to feel the bright rays of sun gently warming her face and blanketed body, and to see the familiar place she grew up in as her blurry morning vision slowly cleared. The sweet light pinkness of her walls brought her appreciation and love for the slowing end of her hectic journey. Now she was safe again, in the home of her loving parents, and back to her original healthy state. No more blindness, fear, worry, guilt, or pain was in her path, and she was glad.

"Looks like you're finally awake!" Tikki giggled, pawing at her chosen's face softly. It had been so long since she had to wake up a sleeping Marinette for school again.

"Yeah," Marinette replied, but she couldn't help but smile. Everything was so perfect. The collage of Adrien's pictures still hung in the same place she'd left them, and immediately, she remembered she had planned on showing up at school that day.

Her thoughts slowly wandered to Alya. How would she respond to her knowing she'd been lying about her identity to her all this time? As her best friend and biggest fan, Alya most likely expected that Marinette would've been more helpful rather than flakey and dishonest. Gosh, this was worse than she thought.

Same for Adrien. Now that he knew she was Ladybug, he also knew she didn't say anything during her own search party, and she had already known they weren't going to find her. Now he was probably going to hate her forever and ever, and never fall in love with her!

 Now he was probably going to hate her forever and ever, and never fall in love with her!

Snapping out of her calm state, she began freaking out all over again.

"You definitely look like you're back to your old self," Tikki laughed after seeing Marinette flop back on her bed with a pitiful groan and widened eyes.

"I did so many dumb things as Ladybug, like helping in my own search party, and now everyone knows and is probably going to hate me forever! Especially Adrien!" Marinette threw a pillow over her own face, whining childishly.