Falling for Jack Avery ch.23

I texted Logan I was on my way, but I really wasn't. I stayed up on the attic. I sat there waiting for Liz to text me when she arrived at Logan's apartment.

30 minutes later

Liz: i'm walking up to the door
Gabby: ok remember keep it going for a while
Liz: ok got it

Liz's POV

I walked up to Logan's door. I put my acting face on and knocked on the door acting all panicked.

"Liz what's wrong?" Logan asked.

"I can't find Gabby. She's nowhere, I tried to call her, but she won't pick up!" I yelled panicky.

"What! She said she was coming over." He said.

"I don't know where she is." I said putting my hands on my head.

"Are you sure?" Logan asked.

"Positive." I nodded.

"This isn't a prank?" He asked.

"No." I lied.

"Well we should go look for her." Logan said walking out of the door.

I followed him and we walked everywhere. He kept calling her name and calling her.

"I'm gonna call the cops." Logan said.

"Let's wait for a little." I said.

"Did someone take her?" He asked starting to panic.

"I don't know maybe." I said.

"Fuck." Logan said tearing up.

I pretended to cry a little. I was trying to make Logan believe this prank.

"She's my little sister. I'm suppose to be her big brother and protect her." Logan said shaking his head.

We looked all around LA. Then Logan started to cry. Wow this man has emotions.

Gabby's POV

It's been an hour and the prank was still going on. I wonder if Logan would I care if I went missing. I started to explore the attic. It was pretty big.

"What's this?" I asked myself.

I studied the object closely and it was some kind of creepy doll. A few feet away from it was blessing oil and a cross.

"What the fuck." I said backing away.

I got really creeped out and didn't want to be up in the attic anymore. I walked quickly to the door to get out and find another hiding spot.

I tried opening the door, but it wouldn't open.

"No no no. Shit!" I whisper yelled.

I walked to a corner and sat down hiding my face in my knees. I looked around and got paranoid. I wonder what that was and why was there blessing oil and a cross next it?

This seems like the kind of stuff a horror movie would have. I got out my phone and texted Jordan.

Gabby: help there's something creepy in the attic and i'm stuck up here
Jordan: what's up there
Gabby: a creepy doll with blessing oil and a cross next to it
Jordan: that's bad
Gabby: yeah and I'm getting a really bad vibe
Jordan: hold on let me look up what that means
Gabby: you don't need to look it up. It means there's a fucking demon in the this house
Jordan: be safe
Gabby: I need help
Jordan: when should I come over
Gabby: in a little bit just wait
Jordan: ok text me when
Gabby thank you bye