Falling for Jack Avery ch.29

I woke up with Bella cuddled up next to me. I just later there and and wanted stay in that moment forever.

I guess forever doesn't seem long enough sometimes. I got pretty hungry and walked to the kitchen trying not wake Bella.

I got a bowl out of the cabinet and poured some cereal into it. I poured some milk and got a spoon. I started eating.

I went on my phone and saw a text message from Jack.

Jack: hey beautiful just wondering how everything is

I ignored his text and turned off my phone. I didn't know how to tell him my puppy was dying. I didn't need him to worry about me.

I washed my dish and walked back to my room. Bella was still in the same position. All of the sudden I hear her breathing start to get really heavy.

I petted her behind her ears and tried not to cry. Her breathing was getting worse and worse.

I ran out of the room to find Logan.

"Logan?" I called out.

I got my phone out and texted him.

Gabby: where are you
Logan: acting class
Gabby: oh ok have fun

I went back in the room. I threw on blue Nike shirt and black leggings. I wrapped Bella in a blanket and took her to the vet.

I got in an uber with her. The drive was an hour do to La traffic. We finally got there and I rushed inside.

"Hello miss how may I help you?" The lady at the desk asked me.

"I was told my dog has cancer and she's breathing really heavily and I just want her to get checked on." I said.

"Ok just fill out these papers and wait a little bit." The lady smiled handing me the papers.

I sat down with Bell curled up in my lap. As I was filling the papers out an question caught my eye.

"Do you give us permission to preform cpr if anything goes wrong" I read to myself.

I immediately checked yes. I finished filling the papers out and handed them to the lady. Soon we were taken back.

"Hello I'm doctor z." The man said.

I smiled at him and introduced my self.

"So what seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"Well I was told she has cancer. But today i woke up and her breathing was very heavy. So I wanted to get her checked on." I explained.

The doctor checked her and told me that he was gonna do everything he could for her. He told me to go home and wait. He also said that if anything happens they'll call me.

"Alright thank you. Bye Bella I love you." I said while giving her a kiss in her forehead.

I called another uber and went back to Logan's apartment.

I was still debating if I should tell Jack that Bella isn't doing good. I feel like I should. I called Jack and he immediately picked up.