chapter 12.

*KAYLA POV*

i woke up in a white room that ive never seen before , until i realized i was in a hospital room. why ?
then it came to me , Nick.
that guy almost killed me , wtf.
i started to panic until 3 nurses came rushing in , trying to calm me down.
"HOW DID I GET HERE ?!" i yelled.
"ma'am we will tell you everything you want to know if you calm down. your blood pressure is risen a lot rn , so please stay calm," one of the nurses said.
i started to calm down a little bit.
"okay , good. a young man found you in an alley & saw you were beaten up bad. he tried to wake you up but you wouldn't , luckily you still had a pulse so he called 911 asap & now you're here. we're v glad you're alive , but you will have to stay in this hospital for 2-3 more days so we can check that everything is fine. so that young man basically saved your life," another nurse said.
"who was the guy ?" i asked , raising an eyebrow.
one nurse walked out of the room & came back w the last guy id ever think would save my life ...

Mikey Barone.

he walked into the room & gave me a big smile. my jaw dropped. i was just speechless.
Mikey Barone saved my life ?
how ? why ? what ?
"we'll just leave you two alone," the nurses said & stepped out of the room.
"hey," mikey said w a smile & walked over to me.
"h-hey," i stuttered.
"you feeling okay ?" he asked , now sitting at the edge of the bed.
"yeah , im fine but i have a lot of questions to be honest," i said looking down.
"shoot," he replied.
"well , how'd you find me ? why would you care so much ab a girl you don't even know ? unless you do know me , do you ? i doubt it. im kind of a nobody. but i thought you were on stage. im so confused," i said , not realizing how fast i was talking.
"uhm well , i actually know a little bit ab you from bryce. but bryce did tell me ab you running out of the venue crying so i went to go look for you to see if you were okay because no girl like you should be crying & then i found you in the alley , on the floor , bleeding & beaten up so i called 911 & skipped the rest of the show," he finished.
my eyes grew wide.
"mikey i can't believe you saved my life. thank you sm for caring," i smiled & gave him a hug.
"of course babygirl , ill be here until you leave this hospital because we actually have a week break in san antonio so i can do whatever," he said , putting his hand on my hand.
i grabbed his hand & smiled.
"mikey you don't have to stay here , ill be fine. i want you to explore san antonio , have fun," i said , tightening my grip of mikeys hand.
"no , if i wanted a tour guide to help me explore san antonio , i want it to be you," he said , looking straight into my eyes.
"thank you mikey , i really appreciate everything you've done. once i get outta here , ill show you around. by the way , does bryce know im here ?" i asked.
"actually , he does. i tried getting him to come but he said he doesn't care what happens to you & walked away from me," he sighed.
i started to tear up & looked down.
"hey , don't be sad , you don't need him. you don't need a guy who will treat you like that. so forget ab him," mikey whispered & tilted my head up to look at him in the eyes.
i smiled.
for the next couple of hours , mikey & i started to talk & get to know eachother better. it felt great talking to a nice , genuine guy who liked me for me. mikey also told me a lot ab his life & family & it felt incredible because i got to know a lot more ab him in a personal way.

i think im in love with Mikey Barone ...

*BRYCE POV*

mikey asked me this morning if i wanted to go visit kayla in the hospital w him but i told him i could care less ab kayla.
im w jessica & that's all my mind should stay focused on.
i mean yeah kayla & i had some good times & she did mean a lot to me but idk how i feel ab her now. i thought she was different but i think i was just exaggerating.
"hey baby , you wanna do something today ?" jessica asked , interrupting my thoughts.
"huh ?" i asked.
"do you want to do something today ?" she repeated.
"oh yeah. of course baby," i said.
she walked over to me.
"you're thinking ab kayla aren't you ?" she asked , raising an eyebrow & crossing her arms.
"what no !! of course not baby !! i don't care ab her anymore , i only care ab you," i said , grabbing her waist & kissing her.
"okay fine , but if i ever catch you talking ab her , we're done," she said , rolling her eyes.
i nodded.

*MIKEY POV*

kayla & i laid next to eachother & talked all night until she passed out , mid talking.
i looked over at her & heard her little snores , i laughed softly. she looks so cute sleeping.
how could bryce ever treat her like crap ?
she told me the whole story ab her & bryce. the fact that he led her on like that & then shut her out was f**ked up. she also told me ab her ex boyfriend nick. i hate guys who can't get over things/people when they need to. but i can't blame him , i wouldn't be able to get over kayla either.

i think im in love with kayla ...

maybe i should invite her to come on tour w us ...

-------------------------------
hey guys !!
i tried to update asap , even though this chapter isn't the best , i tried lmao.
i was going to try to update twice today but it's family day for me so i wasn't able to. ill try super hard to update tomorrow but i might be hanging out w my friends so ...
please vote & comment !!
thank you guys sm !!