chapter 22.

*MIKEYS POV*

the second i ran into the room , i saw kayla was on the floor , lifeless.

jessica shot her.

i dropped to my knees & started crying , trying to not believe what im looking at.
i looked up & saw the cops taking nick & jessica away , while other people put kayla in the ambulance.
"wait," i heard jessica say to the cop , running towards me. i backed away.
"just to let you know , she didn't die as a virgin," she winked , looking at nick , then back at me before the cops took her away.

nick raped kayla ...

i quickly ran outside to where the ambulance was & asked if i could stay w her , they nodded.
the guys drove separately to the hospital while i stayed w kayla inside of the ambulance.
we arrived to the hospital & waited until we got some feedback on kayla.
we waited all the way until 4 am to get some information on her.
the doctors said jessica shot her twice ...
one time in the head & one time in the chest.
they also told us that it took awhile to get her to breathe again , but they're not for sure if she'll make it.
i started to get angry. i couldn't control myself.
"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT !!" i yelled at bryce.
"MY FAULT ?! HOW IS IT MY FAULT ?!" he yelled back.
"IF YOU NEVER GOT BACK TOGETHER WITH YOUR PSYCHO EX GIRLFRIEND THEN THIS WOULDVE NEVER HAPPENED !!" i yelled.
"WELL IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS GOING TO KILL KAYLA !! SHE MEANS JUST AS MUCH TO ME AS SHE MEANS TO YOU SO GET OVER IT !!" he yelled at me.
"G-GET OVER IT ?! BRYCE SHES PRACTICALLY DEAD RN & YOU WANT ME TO GET OVER IT ?!" i yelled as loud as i could.
"look , you boys can not fight in this hospital so i either ask you to be quiet or leave," a doctor interrupted.
i didn't say anything & just sat in a chair away from bryce.
the guys decided to go back to the hotel , get some sleep , & come back in the morning but i decided to stay.

i was not going to leave her side ...

they could give us some news any minute & i want to be the first to hear.
i was just laying on the couch in the waiting room , starting to fall asleep until i heard a high screech.
"MIKEY BARONE !!" i heard someone yell.
i open my eyes & turned around.
i saw a girl around 15 years old running towards me w her friend.
im guessing she's a fan.
"omg i love you sm !!" she screamed.
"awh i love you too," i said hugging her.
"can i get a picture ?" she asked.
i nodded.
i put my arm around her while she kissed my cheek & her friend took the picture.
she was still close to my face.
"hey mikey ?" she asked.
"yeah ?" i replied turning my head towards her which i regret because it caused our lips to touch.
her friend took the picture.
shit they planned that out.
"whoa whoa whoa," i said pushing her off of me.
"aghhh !! thanks for the kiss baby," she winked , before her & her friend walked away.
"what the fuuuuckk," i groaned.
couple minutes later , i get a tagged notification from a fan on instagram. i open it & see the picture of that fan & i kissing.
goddamnit .
i decided to forget ab it & go to sleep.

*JESSICA POV*

i may have ended up in jail , but it was worth it. my plan was to get rid of kayla ...
& the plan worked out perfectly .

now , time to escape & get my baby bryce back ...

*MIKEY POV*

"mikey wake up," i heard somebody say , shaking me.
i woke up & saw jackson in front of me.
"whaaaattt ?" i groaned.
"they said we're allowed to go visit kayla now," he smiled.
i instantly got up & ran to her room.
i finally found her room & burst through the door.
she was laying on the bed , almost lifeless.
it showed that she still had a pulse , but idk how long it will go on.
i let the other guys see & have a moment w her before i did because i knew i was going to stay w her the longest.
after they finished , it was my turn.
i calmly walked into the room & sat next to kaylas bed & grabbed her now pale hand.
"im sorry babygirl ... i tried to do everything to keep you happy. i tried to do whatever to protect you. obviously , i didn't try hard enough ... man ... i can't explain how much you mean to me. i became so lucky when you entered my life. i miss every single one of our dumb & cute moments. remember our first kiss ? & when i asked you out ? wow , it may not have been that long ago ... but it feels like we've been together for years & years," i started to tear up.
"i can't believe you're actually gone ..." i choked.
then i felt her hand tense up.
i instantly looked up at her.

she slowly opened her eyes & smiled.

"BABY YOURE ALIVE !!" i cried , hugging her.
"i am mikey , but idk how long. im not in the best condition," she shed a tear , looking at her chest from where the bullet hit her.
"no baby , stay w me please," i continued to cry.
"i can't choose to mikey," she whispered.
"stay strong babygirl , ill be here through everything," i slightly smiled , kissing her forehead.

if ik my babygirl , she will stay strong & get through this.

"where's jessica & nick ?" she asked.
"in jail," i smiled.
her smile turned to a frown.
"what's wrong ?" i asked.
"they're going to escape ... again," she mumbled.
"no they won't baby. it's okay. everything is going to be okay," i smiled again.
she smiled back & nodded.

i hope everything will be okay ...

-------------------------------
hey guys !!
im sorry i left you on a big cliffhanger in the last chapter & didn't update but now there's a new chapter !!
btw new book cover !!
it looks pretty bad tbh but i might change it in the future.
btw i will take awhile to update because of school.
i might update twice a week , maybe three times if i have the time.
please vote & comment !!
thank you guys sm !!