chapter 30.

*JACKSON POV*

we pulled into the parking lot of the hospital.
i hope kayla is here , ive never been so worried.
we got out of the car & walked inside.
"hi , can i help you ?" the lady at the front desk asked.
"uh yes , has anybody came to visit Mikey Barone sometime today ?" i asked.
she began to look through the sign in sheet.
"im sorry sir , nobody has came to visit patient Mikey Barone today," she apologized.
i looked at the guys with a worried face.
"oh uh it's okay. thank you anyways," justin said.

we walked out of the hospital & got back into the car.
"so what do we do now ?" tyler asked.
"i don't know ... we can't give up. we have to figure out where kayla is," i demanded.
they both nodded their heads , which gave me the sign for us to continue looking for her.

*TAYLER POV*

as soon as i pulled into kayla's driveway , i began to get nervous to tell her the news.
but i knew i had to tell her.
i walked over to her front door & rang the doorbell.
after a few seconds of no answer , i pulled out my phone to text her.

————————————
me : hey , im outside , i have to tell you something important.
————————————

i waited a few minutes.
no answer.
where is she ?

*KAYLA POV*

i slowly woke up in a room.
it seemed like a bedroom.
but it wasn't my bedroom ...
fuck. i have a massive headache.
my memory slowly began to come back & then i realized why i was here ...

Nick.

my legs seemed numb , but i managed to stand up.
surprisingly , my hands nor feet were tied together.
i walked over to the slightly cracked door & peered through.
all i saw was a dark hallway.
i have to get out of here.
i carefully , without any sound , open the door & tip toe down the stairs.
half way down , i see nick standing in the kitchen.
"shit," i cursed to myself.
"oh great you're awake," i heard nick say , still with his back facing me.
i didn't make a sound.
"kayla , i know you're there. come down here," he commanded.
i continued to walk down the stairway & slowly crept over to nick.
"why don't you go sit down at the table. i made us dinner," he smiled.
i had no words.
ive never been so confused.
i walked over to the table & sat down.
nick comes in with a plateful of food for me & a plateful of food for him.
he then sits down across from me.
"so , how was your sle -"
"imma cut right to the chase nick , what's going on ?" i interrupted.
"what do you mean ?" he questioned.
"oh , you know what i mean," i objected.
"i bring you to this amazing house & serve you dinner & you want to ask questions ?" he began to raise his voice.
"look nick , i don't know how you escaped , how you found me , or why you took me here but i need answers now," i commanded.
"you don't need to know how i escaped," he continued , sipping his glass of who knows what.
"yes i do. did you take jessica with you ?!" i yelled , looking around for any sight of her.
"nope , they caught her escaping before i escaped , so it's just me," he smiled , laying back in his chair.
"so why did you kidnap me ?!" i yelled.
"well -"
he stood up from his chair & began to walk around.
"you see , when i found out that you weren't actually dead , i was surprised. two bullets couldn't kill you ? damn. but here's the thing kayla , i don't want to kill you. jessica did. i just did the things she asked me to do , with payment of course. but now since shes behind bars , & can't pay for the duties she asks me to do , i won't kill you," he stated.
"you won't ?" i asked.
"no , but i will keep you here as my prisoner," he finished.
"& what makes you think i won't escape ?" i questioned.
"oh i don't think you want to do that kayla. your bedroom is on the second floor & when you try to open any door or window in this house , an alarm goes off. then high paying men will grab you & make sure you stay," he smiled.
"you thought this all out in your prison cell ?" i snickered , crossing my arms.
"most of it , yes," he replied.
i rolled my eyes & reached into my pocket to grab my phone but my phone was gone.
"where's my phone ?" i asked.
"you really think im going to keep you hostage here with your phone ?" he scoffed.
i gave him a bitch face , stood up & walked to my room.

im a prisoner ...

*TYLER POV*

it's been 2 hours & no luck on finding kayla.
i can't call her mom about it because she thinks that kayla is sleeping over at a friends house but if her mom doesn't hear from kayla in awhile , she's gonna get worried.
"do you think we should get the police involved in this ?" justin asked.
"i don't know. what if the person that kidnapped her , finds out that the police is searching for her & the kidnapper like kills her or something," jackson pointed out.
"but we're not going to have any luck looking for her , especially if it's just the three of us," i said.
"well , maybe we should involve the police ..." i stated.
they both nodded.
jackson takes out his phone & calls 911.
"hello , id like to report a missing girl ..."

*MIKEY POV*

"awh fuck," i groaned , holding onto my head.
i got a massive headache.
"what the fuck," i looked around & saw i was in a hospital room.
i don't even know what happened.

"WANTED : 18 year old , Nick (random last name) , has escaped from Dallas County Jail 3 days ago. still cannot be found.
*shows picture of Nick* if you see this man , call the police immediately."

shit. that's what happened.

"THIS JUST IN : 16 year old , Kayla Tran is reported missing. last seen , yesterday at 10:17 pm at the Hilton hotel on New World Street.
*shows picture of kayla* also please contact the police if you see any sign of her."

oh no ...

*2 days have passed*

*KAYLA POV*

2 days ive been stuck here ...
i can't handle it anymore.
enough is enough.
i walked down the stairs.
"hey nick ?"
"what's up ?"
"can we order some pizza ?"
"yeah sure."
"uhm , can i order it ?"
"why ?"
"the pizza i want is kinda complicated so i wanna order it."
"okay fine," he replies , giving me my phone.

i quickly text jackson.

—————————————
me : *current location* jackson call 911 , im being held hostage by nick. don't answer back , im going to have to give my phone back to him. he thinks im ordering a pizza. just hurry.
—————————————

i then deleted the text so if nick goes through my phone , he won't see that i texted jackson.
i quickly went online & ordered a pizza.
"okay , im done," i smiled , giving nick my phone back.
he gave me a concerned look but took my phone anyways.
"uh so , ill be sitting over there till the pizza comes," i fake smiled , pointing over to the living room near the front door.
nick nodded.

10 minutes have passed.
come on jackson , come on.
few minutes later , i hear police sirens a few blocks away.
i saw that nick looked at me & ran into his room.
a few seconds later , he runs out of his room with a gun , pointing it at me.

oh no.

—————————————————
hey guys !
im so sorry i hadn't updated in like 2 months 😂 !
i tried to update during thanksgiving break but my friends & family would keep making plans w me so.
anyways , GUYS ITS DECEMBER NOW ! lmk what you guys are doing for christmas break (:
im going to cali & las vegas !
& thank you sm for the feedback on my story !
also , i hope you enjoyed this story !
please vote & comment !
thank you guys sm !