chapter 24.

*BRYCE POV*

wow. i cannot believe mikey said that. he promised me he wouldn't go back to the old him.
partying all night , drinking , hooking up with a different girl every day ...
it was disgusting.
it took me so long to get him to stop completely.
after i showed him who he really was , he hated himself.
now he wants to go back ?!
i can't let that happen.
plus he has a girlfriend !! who is in the hospital !!
even though im still in love with kayla , it's wrong that he's basically cheating on her while she's hurt.

*MIKEY POV*

i don't know what bryce is overreacting about ?
i have to admit , the old me was a little crazy but now if i go back , i can dial it down.
there's nothing to worry about.
bryce just doesn't understand.
to be honest , i do miss hooking up with different girls. it was a fun time.
although , i do appreciate bryce for showing me who i really was.
but i don't know ... maybe i should go back.

we were on our way to the hospital to pick up kayla.
i don't know if i want to talk to her about my situation or not.
ill find out when i get there.

we walked into her room & saw the nurses were unattaching the chords from her body so she can leave.
she got up , grabbed her stuff & walked over to us.
she gave each of us a big hug & went home.

back in the hotel room , kayla laid down on the bed & played on her phone.
i guess it's time.
"h-hey kayla can we t-talk ?" i stuttered , getting nervous.
her attention went on me & she raised an eyebrow.
"yeah," she replied.
she sat up & sat beside me.
"so i know this isn't going to make you happy ...
but i don't think this is going to work out ..." i finally said.
tears started to fill her eyes.
"what ?!" she choked.
"i just think we should see other people ..."
"i was in the hospital for two weeks due to taking a bullet for you & i come back to you wanting to break up with me ?!"
"kayla im sorry ..."
"no , don't be. im sorry for dating a complete idiotic douche bag," she stated , gathering her stuff.
"by tomorrow morning , im going back home," she finally said before walking out the door.

*KAYLA POV*

i take a bullet. a bullet. just to get my heart broken by who i thought was the love of my life.
i had no where to stay.
the only person who had an extra bed in their room was bryce but i don't know if i even want to talk to him after what happened.
fuck it.
i walked over to bryce's hotel room & knocked on the door.
he opened it up a few seconds later , wearing just a towel.
my eyes widened.
"kayla ?" he said.
"hi ..." i mumbled.
"what are you doing here ?" he asked.
"uhm , it's kinda a little too much to explain ..." i replied.
"come in," he said , widening the door.
i walked in & sat on the bed while bryce ran to the bathroom to put clothes on & then sat down next to me.
"mikey broke up with me ..." i sighed.
"are you serious ? why ?" he questioned.
"to be honest ... i don't know. he just told me that we should see other people."

*BRYCE POV*

when kayla said that , i immediately knew mikey was talking about that girl he met at the gym.
this guy really broke up with his girlfriend for a girl he barely knows ?!
"& i didn't want to stay with him so i was wondering if i could stay with you for tonight ?" she asked.
"yeah !! of course , kayla you can stay for as long as you want," i replied.
"uhm , well that's the thing bryce ... im just staying for tonight because im done with tour. im flying to california tomorrow ..." she said.
"what ? why ?!" i panicked.
"because bryce , im really done with this drama & i don't think i want to continue this tour anymore ... & you guys can't stop me. i want to go back home."
"kayla ..."
"bryce please. im gonna go back to mikey & i's room to pack my stuff & i want you to come with me. then im going to buy my plane ticket & fly home in the morning."
"are you sure this is what you want to do kayla ?"
"im 100% sure ..."
i sighed.
"okay. im not going to argue about this ... it's your choice."
she nodded.

*KAYLA POV*

bryce & i walked to mikey & i's room & i suddenly got all nervous.
i don't know why but i just didn't want to look at mikey straight in the face again.
bryce put his hand on my shoulder , reassuring me that it's all going to be okay.
i nodded & opened the door.
mikey wasn't there.
i was relieved yet i was worried.
where did he go ?

bryce helped me pack my stuff & we went back to his room.
"hey , want me to order some dinner ?" he asked me.
"yeah sure , caesar salad ? & a side of fruit ?" ( #livingthathealthylifestyle ) i replied.
"okay , gotcha," he said , picking up the phone.
i went on my laptop to get my plane tickets & i found a flight to Los Angeles , California at 7:45 tomorrow morning.
thank god.
i want to leave as fast as possible.
i bought the plane tickets & closed my laptop.

20 minutes later , room service came & bryce & i ate dinner at the table in his room.
he started to laugh.
"what ?" i asked , raising an eyebrow.
"remember our first lunch date ?" he asked.
"yeah," i giggled.

when bryce said that , he made it awkward & quiet so i decided to change the subject.
"so , you think you can take me to the airport tomorrow morning ? just you ?" i asked.
"yeah sure ... what time ?" he asked.
"7 am," i said.
he nodded.
"i just can't believe i won't get to see you anymore ..." he mumbled.
"bryce , we're still going to talk everyday & im trusting you to keep me updated on what's happening on tour & im hoping you won't lie to me," i said seriously.
"i will keep you updated on what's going on & i won't lie," he said.
"okayyyy," i replied.
bryce & i ended up talking all night about mikey & i's situation & he was apologizing about jessica & i told him about what happened between her & i before.
i actually missed him & i's long talks.
it was currently 4:30 am.
"hey we better get at least some sleep," bryce yawned.
"yeah," i giggled.
bryce took his shirt off & climbed into bed.
i was really tempted to sleep with him but i decided it's not right to so i climbed into the other bed & fell asleep.

--------------------------------
hey guys !!
so i was going to update yesterday but i became sick & sore so i couldn't.
also , lately , ive been angry & sad all at once & im not feeling the best but ill be fine.
btw shoutout to my friend , shailamtz for the new book cover !!
anyways , thank you guys for reading this chapter , hope you enjoyed it !!
please vote & comment !!
thank you guys sm !!