13

Iris's P. O. V.

Kayla and I had done a lot of shopping, and spent a lot of time in the pool.

Unfortunately, Meghan wouldn't let Kayla watch my video shoot, it was confidential or something, so she just stayed home. I felt bad for leaving her alone, but she assured me that she kept herself busy. She told me that she cleaned the whole house in the three hours I was gone.

When the day came that we both had to leave, we were totally upset.

"Maybe next time I'll come out to Utah." I joked.

"Right because I don't ever want to come to California again," she said sarcastically. We both laughed, then hugged each other.

"I'll miss you," she told me.

"I'll miss you more," I said.

"Tell me how it goes at the show. And maybe mention me and show a few pictures to Daniel?" She smirked.

"Of course."

"That's my flight," she said after hearing the intercom.

"Love you."

"Love you, too." We hugged then we walked our separate ways. I walked through the airport until I found my gate.

I boarded the flight and was thankful when the seat next to me was left empty.

                                  ***

I landed in Pennsylvania and saw my mom and Cole waiting for me.

I ran to them and hugged them both.

"I missed you guys," I told them.

"We missed you more," my mom said.

We walked to the car and I told her about the music video that I had been working on.

"You're like on your way to becoming a real celebrity," Cole said.

"I know, it's crazy," I said.

"The boys are in Philadelphia tonight," my mom stated.

"I know, I'm surprising them tonight. I talked to their bus driver, Bill, and he said after the show I could sneak in there and wait for them to be done with meet and greets," I told her.

"I bet the guys will love that," Cole said.

"Yeah."

We drove to the house and I sighed at all of the memories. The good and the bad.

"Are you staying here tonight?" My mom asked

"No, they're gonna drop me off at the airport in Massachusetts tomorrow."

"Okay. I know you need to leave soon, so we have something to tell you," my mom said as Cole wrapped his arm around my mom.

"You're having a baby?!"

"No, sorry sweetie. But... We're engaged!" My mom shouted showing me the ring.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I exclaimed pulling them in for a hug.

"When's the wedding?" I asked.

"We haven't decided yet," my mom said.

I looked at my phone and my eyes got big. "I'd love to stay and talk to you guys, but I have to leave or I'll be late." I hugged both of them then called an uber to take me to the venue.

                                 ***

I paid the driver and hopped out of the car. I was a little late so there wasn't much of a line. I waited behind the last few fans and tried to hide my face. I didn't want anyone to know I was here. If a fan saw me and somehow told the boys, it would ruin the surprise.