35

*1 month later*

Iris's P. O. V.

The crowd screamed and yelled as the boys finished their set. They all thanked the crowd and ran backstage. Soon enough, they were back to their seats next to me.

"That was insane!!" Zach said with a huge smile on his face.

"You guys did absolutely amazing!! I'm so proud of you guys," I said to the others before kissing Zach.

The guys had just performed at the American Music Awards. The crowd loved them. In the past month, their fan base had almost doubled.

My fan base was growing, as well. I was just about to kick off a small tour. Just a few shows in Cali, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. The guys couldn't come with me, so I'd be alone for most of it.

We sat in our seats and cheered for the performers and award winners. The boys had an interview during the after party, so I just stood on the side talking to others or watching the boys.

Once it was all over, the guys, Logan, Jeff, David, and I all went to a fancy restaurant for a late dinner.

"I'm so proud of you guys. Pretty soon you'll be up there accepting an award." I smiled.

"And you'll be up there singing for us." Jack returned the smile.

"So, are you excited for your tour?" Logan asked

"Of course I'm excited." I smiled.

We ate dinner having casual conversations throughout. When we had finished, we all went home and just crashed.

                             ***

"I don't want you to leave again," Zach whined. I was about to get out of bed, but Zach was holding me back.

"I know, I don't want to leave either. But I get to see a ton of my fans and I get to perform."

"I know, and I'm excited for you. I just wish I could come with you."

"You'll be in Dallas, though. And I'll be back in L.A. in a week or so. I don't know why they didn't make that my first show, but whatever."

"I know."

"You have to let go. I need to get ready." I laughed.

"Okay." He sighed slowly releasing his arms from my waist.

I got up and laughed as he stuck out his bottom lip. I got ready wearing some Nike sweats and a tank top. I grabbed one of Zach's jackets to keep me warm. Eventually, Zach got up and helped me throw some last minute things in my bag.

"I'm gonna spam Meghan for videos," Zach said as we went down the stairs.

"I'll make sure you see as much as you can," I told him. It was early so the guys were still asleep, but that didn't stop me from going into their rooms.

"Jonah!" I whispered going to his bed. He groaned and rolled over. I shook him and told him I was leaving before leaning down to hug him. I did the same thing with Daniel and Corbyn.

"Jacky!" I said walking into his room. He was sitting up in his bed.

"You're awake," I said surprised.

"I didn't want to miss saying goodbye." He smiled. I ran over and jumped on the bed next to him.

"I can't believe my little Iris is going on her first tour! I'm fangirling!" He screamed.

"You were my first fan." I smiled.

"Good luck. I know you'll do great," he said hugging me.

"Thanks. I'll make sure to talk to you guys every night and send videos."

"Good." I hugged him again before running down the stairs.

"Your van is here," Zach said.

"I'm not cool enough to have a bus yet." I pretended to pout, but laughed.

"You'll get there." He smiled. Zach handed my bags to the driver who put them in the backseat.

I turned to Zach and put my hands on his shoulders. I brought my fingers together and locked them as Zach's hands wrapped around my waist.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more." He leaned down and kissed me. He picked me up and spun me around as our lips pulled apart. I screamed when he almost dropped me.

"We gotta go!" Meghan said from the backseat.

"I'll see you soon," Zach said putting me down. I kissed him one last time before jumping into the van.

"First stop, San Francisco!" Meghan shouted as the driver took off leaving the Why Don't We house.

Most of the five hour drive consisted of me listening to music and texting Zach or watching movies on the tv that was in the van. Meghan was talking to some other guys that were a part of the tour team, but I didn't know who they were.

                              ***

We had arrived in San Francisco a few hours before the show, but people were already lined up outside the venue.

"What!?" I shouted as I saw the line of people in line.

"You have more fans than you know," Meghan said. I took my phone out, opening snapchat, and I recorded the fans screaming for me. I ran to them and hugged them or took pictures with a few, but Meghan got my attention and pulled me away.

I had been to multiple rehearsals before this, so it wasn't new. I had sound check and then they would let the fans in a bit before I started. At the end of the show, there would be a meet and greet, and then I would leave to go to Anaheim.

I was super nervous when I heard the fans through the curtains. The guys called me to wish me good luck, but it didn't seem to calm my nerves. When the guys were on stage, they seemed like naturals. There was no way I could do it as well as they did.

I took one last breath before I ran out on stage, immediately being hit with the screams of tons of fans. The small venue was filled with way more fans than I had expected.

I went through the show singing the six songs I had, and a few covers that had gotten a ton of attention when I was just doing YouTube.

At the end I ran off stage with the biggest smile on my face. Meghan took me back to where the meet and greet was. There was a backdrop with my name all over it. It was insane. I couldn't believe this was happening.

                           ***

"It was freaking crazy. And it all went by so fast!" I said into the phone. I was on my way outside to the van while facetiming the guys.

"We saw a few videos on instagram. You did amazing!" Zach said.

The backdoor opened and I saw a group of about five girls. They screamed and ran up to me asking for hugs and pictures. I posed for a few pictures, and they even said hi to the guys. Once they left, I kept walking to the van.

"That was crazy!" I said into the phone. They all had huge smiles on their faces.

"I'm so proud of you," Jack said.

"Hey, Iris? We have a special guest here for you," Meghan said. I told the guys I'd call them back, then I followed Meghan.

She took me back into the venue and to my dressing room.

"Hey Iris." The man said smiling at me.

"I can't believe you're here!" I yelled with a huge smile on my face. Zach was right, I need to give him a chance and talk to him. I mean, he was my dad.

"Zach somehow reached me and told me about your show. I had to be here for my little girls first performance!"

                            *****

A/n
I'm freaking blown away by how fast this story is growing. ahdhfhjsjfhdjnfndjdkfjcj

Anyways... I have a question for you guys. Would you rather I do shorter updates everyday, or longer updates every other day? I want to give as much as I can, so just comment which one you would rather me do.

Thanks guys!! Love you!!