34

Daniel's P. O. V.

"When she gets here, I get the first hug," Iris said pointing at me.

"What? Uh no, this was my idea. I get the first hug." Iris and I kept arguing while we waited at the airport.

"But I'm her best friend."

"But this was my idea. She doesn't even know you're here."

"Guys."

"But when she sees that I'm here she'll be happier."

"Guys!"

"But she'll hug me first."

"Guys!!" We both turned and saw Kayla standing right there.

"Kayla!" We both shouted. She went to hug Iris first, who stuck her tongue out at me, then she hugged me.

"What are you doing here!?" Kayla asked Iris.

"My mom changed her mind." She shrugged. They hugged again.

"I've missed you so much," I told her.

"Me too. Let's get home, though." She winked. I blushed, grabbing her bags and walking back to the car and quickly driving home.

"Surprise!!" The guys yelled once we opened the door. I had asked them to decorate the house and get a cake for Kayla. It was actually her  17th birthday today.

"Oh my gosh, you guys scared me! Thank you, though." She went up and hugged the guys.

"You're welcome, but it was Daniel's idea," Zach pointed out.

"I thought so," she said coming back to me and kissing me.

We all went into the kitchen and sang happy birthday before eating the chocolate cake. Well, they ate the chocolate cake. It was Kayla's favorite so I got it for her, but I hate chocolate.

Iris's P. O. V.

After we ate cake and opened the two presents Kayla got, some clothes and a gift card from me and a necklace from Daniel, the guys and I went to the living room.

"Daniel's asking her to be his girlfriend tonight," Jack said after Daniel closed the back door behind him and Kayla.

"Really?" I gasped.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure." Jack laughed.

"Well I can't wait to hear all about it from Kayla," I said.

The guys went off and did their own things, while Zach and I watched a movie.

"Have you talked to your dad?"

"Not since the wedding. Why?"

"Just asking. Have you ever thought about talking to him again?"

"Zach, he cheated on my mom and left us. Just because he stopped my mom from marrying the wrong guy, doesn't mean I'll forgive him."

"I know, I just thought maybe you missed him."

"Of course I miss him." I sighed.

"You can completely ignore this, but I think you should talk to him again."

"Maybe. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"I know." He rubbed his thumb up and down my arm while resting his other arm across my stomach.

Soon, Daniel and Kayla came back inside, but they were soaking wet. They went up to Daniel's room, but Kayla looked back at me and had her mouth open like she was screaming.